lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #11
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 EZ go TXT seems to have lost some oomph.

Yeah I checked the water a couple weeks ago. Maybe a pint to top them all off. We used it over the winter but mainly for short periods of time, on weekends. Every now and then when it's not being used I'll go out and unplug and replug the charger. Like I said last weekend was the first time that I noticed it being a little slower. I'm a truck driver and I've been gone but I'm planning on going over it this weekend. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #12
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

But also to mention, we actually don't use the cart much. We mainly bought it for our vacations. But we do buzz around our property with it at times.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #13
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK I did some checking. The pack is reading 51.9. Each individual battery is reading 8.6. I plugged the cart up last Sunday before I left on my trip. I unplugged it today. With the stock EZ Go Powerwise charger, it shuts off after the pack is charged... Correct?? So technically it's been off of the charger since maybe Sunday night.. Monday morning?? Is my thinking correct here?

Old 05-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yes
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty. So I guess the voltages seems about right? All of the connections looked tight and clean. I didn't check inside the controller though. Could the controller be giving up? Like I said we don't drive the cart very often, usually just short trips on weekends. I keep it plugged up when we're not using it. But last weekend my wife and I were out riding our niece, she's just over a year old, and the cart seemed noticeably weaker on top speed and torque. Any other thoughts or suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #16
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So if the voltages seem to be OK, what will doing a load test tell me?

Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Frequently batteries appear ok with normal resting voltage. It's the voltage under load that tells the story usually. Attach multimeter to main + and - and drive cart under stress ( load up with people and or drive up a hill with peddle floored). note voltage drop. Should not drop below 41-42 volts. If lower, batteries are giving up. Repeat test with meter connected to each individual battery if desired. If one is weak this will identify which one but if they are all the same age and brand/capacity (a matched set) they usually all fail together.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #18
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. Yeah all of the batteries were put in the cart new when I bought it last August. The born on dates were also the same on all batteries. Personally I don't think the batteries are the problem. Just trying to search and see what else could cause a cart to be a little weaker.. On speed and torque.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO