lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 ezgo txt build questions

Hi all, so here’s what the cart looks like now with Jake’s Long travel lift and 22” dessert fox tires on 14” rims. Also I added a gtw aluminum flip flop rear seat. I swapped the batt tray for aluminum years ago and the corrosion just brushed off.

I have quite a back log of stuff to go on. I’m doing this in a different way than most build here, I’m mocking it up with everything first to make sure it fits and then tear it down to paint. After getting the motor, batts, controller swapped this weekend it was not bad at all I’m not lookin forward to removing them to paint the frame. Oh well.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 ezgo txt build questions

So I got the alltrax 500, solenoid, admiral B2, new 8 volts batts, and meter from ScottyB installed this weekend. Not to bad, had to extend all the small wires to the solenoid just a bit. Used 14 ga wire because that’s what I had. I also spliced the new wire in the middle so I could see the original wire color on the end to make sure it was right. Please let me know if you see something wrong.

Also I made a tool to help me install motor through the battery tray. It worked good!
Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

looking good, and the process you are using is a good one (test fitting everything prior to final assembly).
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m following the instructions that came with the motor for break in and checking for heat. On flat ground I got from the old 36v setup at 14 mph to 28 mph with the new setup on the second run. The yewy float charger seems to be a big improvement so far.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke, you and Scotty were right on with the motor, it can get away from you fast at that speed I don’t need any more. I was going with a speed motor until you chimed in thanks.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #6
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So the dcs and pds motor are the same. Do I have to do cover the ends of the unused speed sensor at the back of the motor? Any current or possible shorting?

Should I replace the f1 and f2 wires since I replaced everything else. Or the cables on the charging system to the batteries.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
So the dcs and pds motor are the same. Do I have to do cover the ends of the unused speed sensor at the back of the motor? Any current or possible shorting?

Should I replace the f1 and f2 wires since I replaced everything else. Or the cables on the charging system to the batteries.
When I built mine....as far as the speed sensor wires go, scotty told me that I could just cut them off short if I wanted to, and then just cover the ends, what I did was to cut them off short and them covered them by shrink rapping them. and my f1/f2 wires were in real good shape, so I didn't replace mine.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO