lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v TXT w/ Beast conversion wont move

I've acquired a 48v "The Beast" from my late stepfather. It sat for about a year getting seldomly used before I went and picked it up. After charging with the onboard charger for a day I've used it several times with no problem. But the other day I got on it and it wouldn't move at all. If you turn the key switch on and flip the F-R toggle switch to either position (F,R or N) as soon as you press the accel. pedal the contactor clicks and then nothing. I noticed the controller green status led shuts off when this happens. Doing a little digging I've found that "The Beast" is built by a company in GA, its a 2015 Ezgo TXT Freedom that they lifted and replace the motor and controller with bigger amperage stuff and resale already done up. The controller is a Navita TSX 2.0 600A 48v. My pack voltage is 49v, cleaned all battery terminals and the contactor seems to be ok 49v on incoming 48v on outgoing when energized. Looking at the troubleshooting chart on Navitas website it says to check pin 10 for pack voltage which I have until the contactor clicks on then the voltage drops to 12v. I traced the wire back to the blue wire that runs to the small terminal on the control side of the contactor. The yellow wire on the other small terminal has pack voltage. Any ideas where to check next? Also if you cycle the key switch or disable switch the controller will power back up until pressed again.
Chipper2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v TXT w/ Beast conversion wont move

My limited experience it sounds like your batteries are low, according to JohnnieB's state of charge chart. (see below).

Others with more knowledge should chime in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper2003 View Post
I've acquired a 48v "The Beast" from my late stepfather. It sat for about a year getting seldomly used before I went and picked it up. After charging with the onboard charger for a day I've used it several times with no problem. But the other day I got on it and it wouldn't move at all. If you turn the key switch on and flip the F-R toggle switch to either position (F,R or N) as soon as you press the accel. pedal the contactor clicks and then nothing. I noticed the controller green status led shuts off when this happens. Doing a little digging I've found that "The Beast" is built by a company in GA, its a 2015 Ezgo TXT Freedom that they lifted and replace the motor and controller with bigger amperage stuff and resale already done up. The controller is a Navita TSX 2.0 600A 48v. My pack voltage is 49v, cleaned all battery terminals and the contactor seems to be ok 49v on incoming 48v on outgoing when energized. Looking at the troubleshooting chart on Navitas website it says to check pin 10 for pack voltage which I have until the contactor clicks on then the voltage drops to 12v. I traced the wire back to the blue wire that runs to the small terminal on the control side of the contactor. The yellow wire on the other small terminal has pack voltage. Any ideas where to check next? Also if you cycle the key switch or disable switch the controller will power back up until pressed again.
Your batteries are seriously low in charge, to the point that damage (sulphation) is occuring. The longer the batteries stay at that low voltage, the more damage is being done. They may already be too far gone from low voltage for too long. Charge them over and over again, and they may recover some. Be sure to check the liquid level in all battery cells to be sure that it is at least 1/4" over the plates.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input. The water levels are ok but I do think the batteries have sulfated. I'm gonna get a new set of Trojans tomorrow and see what happens. I think going from everyday use to sitting for months on end killed them. Just didn't know the controller would act this way.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If your going to get new batteries you should think about a charger that you can leave plugged in and it keeps them charged if you don’t already have one. Most stock chargers require you to disconnect and reconnect it before it charges again. I got a yewy float charger from cartsunlimited.net and it works great so far with my new batts. If you get a chance pics of your beast would be great.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

So I replaced the batteries yesterday with new Trojan 875's, plugged the onboard auto charger in and let charge overnight. I had 52.16 pack volts this morning. Turned the switch on, pressed the accelerator and same thing happened. Contactor clicks, navita controller green light turns off and will not do anything. Is it possible that the pedal sensor is giving a crazy input and the controller is shutting off as a failsafe?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:16 AM   #7
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

Anybody have an idea? Planning on checking it out after work this evening but stumped on where to next. There isn't alot of info out there for diag on the Navitas controller.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper2003 View Post
Anybody have an idea? Planning on checking it out after work this evening but stumped on where to next. There isn't alot of info out there for diag on the Navitas controller.

I have that controller and it is awesome. Do you have any pics of the wireing
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #9
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

Ive checked the pedal switch and it's ok. I can't check the ITS because pressing the accelerator shuts off the controller when the pedal switch closes. I removed the cables from the controller side of the solenoid and had the same result.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
Chipper2003
Not Yet Wild

I'm getting 11.95v to the black wire on the ITS before pressing the pedal, pack voltage 51.11v to the red wire and pack voltage to green wire when pedal pressed.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO