lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #1
Quickthrotl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 02 EZGO TXT speed problem

Hi,
I am new to golf carts so bear with me please, I just bought a cart and batteries were corroded and low on water, cleaned cables and filled with distilled water, applied copro to cables, plugged into charger and let charge over night, when I got home thought id take for a spin and see what it did with a full charge as it was very low when I got it home, I jumped on and it runs slow in forward and fast in reverse. I know I put the cables back on correctly as I did one at a time.
It has an Alltrax controller
PN AXE4865 ITS
Cal. ITS throttle
Nivel pn. 459

I had read about a maintenance switch but I find no such thing anywhere.

Thanks
Quickthrotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 06:19 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 EZGO TXT speed problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickthrotl View Post
Hi,
I am new to golf carts so bear with me please, I just bought a cart and batteries were corroded and low on water, cleaned cables and filled with distilled water, applied copro to cables, plugged into charger and let charge over night, when I got home thought id take for a spin and see what it did with a full charge as it was very low when I got it home, I jumped on and it runs slow in forward and fast in reverse. I know I put the cables back on correctly as I did one at a time.
It has an Alltrax controller
PN AXE4865 ITS
Cal. ITS throttle
Nivel pn. 459

I had read about a maintenance switch but I find no such thing anywhere.

Thanks
The reason you haven't seen a maintenance switch is because your cart doesn't have one.

Your cart is a SERIES DRIVE system cart, the DCS/PDS carts have a Tow/Maintenance switch.
TWO things....you did the right thing putting distilled water in them and not regular tap water, HOWEVER, the fact that the previous owner mistreated the batteries like that, you can bet they are not long for this world. I'm not so sure I would drive it to far from the house....at least not any farther than you are willing to push it back.

The Forward Reverse issue is fairly common, and although you believe you never swapped the cables, it must have happened, one way or another. if you swap the two cables that are at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions on the back of the F&R switch you will get the result you are looking for.

F&R Switch Back.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:51 AM   #3
Quickthrotl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i didnt pull the cables off the F&R switch, I will try switching them and see if that works if you think it will fix the problem
Old 06-27-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
i didnt pull the cables off the F&R switch, I will try switching them and see if that works if you think it will fix the problem
Which cables had you disconnected? I am guessing maybe some of the MOTOR cables?
Old 06-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

no matter....swap the two cables off the back of the F&R switch as mentioned above.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #6
Quickthrotl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No sir
only the battery cables, I did disconnect cables from a 12 V battery that was in the cart,
these wires went towards the back in a wire loom, that battery was completely dead and no good, there was a battery maintainer hooked to it, looked like it was something somebody added for some reason. it was on the left side of the 48v pack
Old 06-27-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

ok , the 12v was most likely there to run your aux. stuff like your lights or anything that would normally run off if 12v.

anyway, swap the to afore mentioned cables on the F&R and I'm sure you will get the result you need. like I mentioned, its a common mistake, have seen it many time, even did it myself a long time ago.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #8
Quickthrotl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks,
I will give it a shot
Old 06-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
Quickthrotl
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

oh, one thing I forgot until now I found a wire off one of the micro switches on the F&R switch, not sure if I knocked it off when blowing crap out in that area but I plugged it back,
and there is a wire red/w coming from the charge port that is not hooked to anything and is actually too short to reach anything, not sure if any of this is relevant to our discussion
Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
oh, one thing I forgot until now I found a wire off one of the micro switches on the F&R switch, not sure if I knocked it off when blowing crap out in that area but I plugged it back,
and there is a wire red/w coming from the charge port that is not hooked to anything and is actually too short to reach anything, not sure if any of this is relevant to our discussion
Considering that you were able actually charge the batteries. you don't need it. That wire ORIGINALLY went and connected to the + 1st battery. it was the sensing wire for the reed switch. seeing as how your charger worked, the reed switch has been bypassed. Which is something a lot of folks do if the reed switch blows.....EZGO even stopped putting them on carts some time ago.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO