lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
dbl_dwn21
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Lurches Forward and Reverse Alarm Sounds, Wont Drive

I have a 2010(?) 48V RXV, been a great cart, but got into it a couple of days ago, turned the key to F and the cart lurches backwards then the reverse buzzer starts beeping (with key still in F) and it will not drive forward or backwards. The cart freely rolls when the key is turned on or off as well. Thoughts?
dbl_dwn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Lurches Forward and Reverse Alarm Sounds, Wont Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbl_dwn21 View Post
I have a 2010(?) 48V RXV, been a great cart, but got into it a couple of days ago, turned the key to F and the cart lurches backwards then the reverse buzzer starts beeping (with key still in F) and it will not drive forward or backwards. The cart freely rolls when the key is turned on or off as well. Thoughts?
It's a motor brake (electric parking brake) error. It is failing the motor twist test and shutting down. Either your motor brake has failed, or you've replaced it with a HD (Heavy Duty)/aftermaket motor brake in the past, and it has finally burned out the motor brake control FET in your controller. If you've not yet replaced it, get an OEM motor brake from eBay. I've bought from...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/301992451277

I don't know the seller but the motor brakes he sells are affordable and many others have bought from that seller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #3
dbl_dwn21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Lurches Forward and Reverse Alarm Sounds, Wont Drive

Perfect, I will give it a shot and let you know if it worked!
dbl_dwn21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reverse buzzer, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO