lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo txt beeps and slow

U have a 09 ezgo 36v just had batteries replaced. Before my batteries being replaced, the cart had slowed feom last year. I figured the batteries being 6 years was time for new. Took it to a local shop. They replaced the batteries and cables. Not the cables to the motor though. U have a battery gauge that used to show 40 42v on the old batteries, then they showed 34 to 30 before swapping batteries. New batterys show 38.5 on the gauge. At first the cart is quick and strong. But after the first stop and go, its sluggish and will get a 1 beep then 2 beeps. Sometimes just a beep. And when driving the battery guage drops to 31.

I checked each battery all from 6.5 to 6.4 and cables right nothing loose.

Anyone have any ideas before i take it to someone? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Fellpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt beeps and slow

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt beeps and slow

What drive type is the cart? See the stickies at the top of the page in red.

Beeps? Like beep codes from the controller? Have you looked up the codes?

Your fully charged pack dropping to 31 is significant. I know you said the batteries are new, but I’d meter each one going up a hill. It’s been said here numerous times that guys have ran across new batteries that are bad.

I’d also check the cables to the motor. Not sure about an 09 by my 2001 had cable wear where the motor cables made the turn by the frame.

Not an expert, but I’d check those things before paying anyone. Post that info and one of the guys here will get you fixed up. I don’t know that I’ve seen anyone on here that actually stuck with it, followed advice, and didn’t get it sorted out.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Unhappy Re: Ezgo txt beeps and slow

So today It was everytime we pressed the pedal it would 2 beep then 1 beep.

When i went to put on the charge, It would non stop 3 beep pause then 2 beep. when i flipped the switch row/tow to tow it would charge and not beep while charging. the chart says it Solenoid welded check auxiliary power replace solenoid.

So would this be the reason for the 2 beeps then 1 beep when pressing the pedal and the sluggish power etc? I hate sounding like a newbie but i am...

Oh should i NOT charge it until i swap the solenoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
What drive type is the cart? See the stickies at the top of the page in red.

Beeps? Like beep codes from the controller? Have you looked up the codes?

Your fully charged pack dropping to 31 is significant. I know you said the batteries are new, but I’d meter each one going up a hill. It’s been said here numerous times that guys have ran across new batteries that are bad.

I’d also check the cables to the motor. Not sure about an 09 by my 2001 had cable wear where the motor cables made the turn by the frame.

Not an expert, but I’d check those things before paying anyone. Post that info and one of the guys here will get you fixed up. I don’t know that I’ve seen anyone on here that actually stuck with it, followed advice, and didn’t get it sorted out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO