lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #11
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Alltrax XCT up in Smoke

Not sure what we had. I am aware of the series stuff and the AXE and NPX controllers and most of them not being drop in, but this one was huge, and had a fan attached to it. The stock DCS harness (that long, plastic pin connector) was NOT a plug and play and needed to be cut up. If I had the car here now I'd take photos (Good news is it's had zero issues since we went from his stock controller to the Alltrax in his case as it was the proper option for him.)

Except for special use cases such as that we never use Alltrax as they've just been headaches for us in the past.

Still, the Alltrax we had to use in his was not cheap in the least. We're talking $650 here, and having programming to get to 20 MPH and set accel curves, etc.

FYI The stock series EZGO TXT has a six pin plug that goes to the stock controller. an AXE or NPX series Alltrax is set up with spade connectors requiring cutting the harness. That's what I was saying.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, the Ezgo TXT does require the installer to cut the 5 wire pug off and crimp on 5 common spade terminals. But as technicians this is very basic stuff.
I sell all of the Alltrax controls and not one of them lists for $650. In fact they start at $414 and go to up around $550 with matching solenoids for $50 more.

Here are 10 reasons why you should be considering Alltrax your next controller.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/about-...ntrollers.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #13
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I never said it was hard, but when you are the only mechanic in a shop with five very impatient customers waiting for you to finish the one you're working on, time isn't a luxury I can afford.

Ever watch M*A*S*H? That's our shop but for golf cars. fix 'em up, move to the next one
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:46 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Loved MASH - just never wanted to live it
Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO