lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Ewadz3006
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 ezgo doesn't go, goes when jump solenoid

I have a 95 ezgo Textron medalist series cart. I has a brand new solenoid, diode and resistor ( on the solenoid). When you hit the pedal, nothing. Then I put a jumper wire from the positive battery terminal to the small positive on the solenoid and it clicks. If I leave the jumper on the cart goes when I hit the pedal, but I think it goes backwards ( if I put the f/r switch to forward the cart goes backwards, put the switch to reverse it goes forward). What should I start checking?
Ewadz3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 ezgo doesn't go, goes when jump solenoid

First place to start is the "micro switch"... that is what energizes the solenoid when you start pressing on the go pedal.

It gets voltage from the key on switch...

A good thing to do is look through the "stickies" at the top of this section, find the diagram for your particular cart, and start measuring where you have the pack voltage and where you don't......

Report back your findings..... There are plenty of folks here that will help you along....
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Ewadz3006
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. So I'm looking at this schematic, it's not exactly the same as my cart, maybe mine has a different controller? It looks like I should have power at the orange wire with the switch on and f/r in forward. I'm not getting anything. Is this correct? Here's the schematic... Dangit how do I upload a image
Old 07-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
Ewadz3006
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The schematic is in the sticky " Basic Ezgo electric golf cart wiring and manuals" under, "
Non-DCS Golf Cart Wiring, Series Golf Cart Wiring Diagram"
Old 07-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Does your controller have three big terminals instead of four as shown on the schematic? If so, disregard the A2 terminal and cable from it to the C stud on the F/R switch. The rest of the wiring is the same.

Here is a schematic for a series drive cart with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted in red. Basically four switches connected in series. If the solenoid isn't energizing, follow the red highlighted wires back to the battery pack and you'll find the problem in the process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
Ewadz3006
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the highlighted schematic. The charger plug is unhooked so that may be it. I can't remember if it was working before I unhooked it. Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
Ewadz3006
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes that was it. It's working now but forward and reverse are backwards, and it's really sluggish. It barely makes it once around the yard.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO