lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
jchal3377
Getting Wild

Default Cart won't go forward

I have an ezgo txt series cart. In the past I had jumped the ms2 limit switch on the forward reverse selector. I drove the cart like this a while. I recently replaced the switch, and the cart worked fine until today...I took the cart out to do some battery drop testing, but it will only run in reverse. When I put it in the forward position, it's like the cart shuts off. The battery meter goes out on the dash, and the cart doesn't move when you press the accelerator.

What should I check first to troubleshoot this problem.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
jchal3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2018, 09:58 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart won't go forward

first.....when its in FORWARD.....and when you push om the 'gas'....does the solenoid "CLICK" or activate?

obviously it does in reverse seeing as how the cart runs in reverse.

if the solenoid CLICKs.....that circuit is good, which means your issue is in the high current circuit (large cables). The first place I would look would be the F&R switch. on the back side of the switch....in the center....is a 9/16" nut on the end of the shaft. Tighten that nut....and see if that solves your problem.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
jchal3377
Getting Wild

I tightened the nut and it was already really tight. No click on the solenoid either. I turned the key to on, put it in the forward position and used a piece of wire to jump the limit switch. The battery meter on the dash immediately came on. So I went ahead and "permanently" jumped the switch so that I could drive the thing back under shelter, and have parked it. I pulled out the limit switch, and plan to check it tomorrow.( left my dvm at work). If the switch it good I'm going to try to bend the actuator bar a little to see if it just wasn't getting enough movement to make the switch, but if it has failed again I'm stuck. I just replaced it two days ago. It was working then quit.....any idea what would blow out this switch?? There is no visible damage to it.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
jchal3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
ironcwb
Not Yet Wild

Sir Nuke,

Similar situation here. I bought the whole F/R set up recently. Wouldn't all that stuff be tight from factory , and the switches be correct?
ironcwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO