lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2003 TXT PDS, Alltrax XCT and FN switch

I recently upgraded to the Alltrax XCT and WOW, what an improvement! Battery and motor upgrades in the future!!
I made a FN harness/switch as per the Alltrax drawing and installed it but not so sure it is doing much. I am using the settings Scotty B programed as a "normal" setting and then made 2 user settings with HIGH REGEN settings and one with a LOW REGEN setting. I just don't "feel" much difference.
Is the switch a "switch on the fly" switch or do I need to turn off/on the system? Does it take a while for the computer to "learn?". Just wondered. It's a pretty simple set up and I even tested the switch to see if it is working. I guess I just expected the "trail" setting would really slow me down on deceleration.

Am I expecting too much?
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT PDS, Alltrax XCT and FN switch

Will you post the Alltrax drawing you used? I can't find it on the Alltrax site. Of course, I cannot find much of anything there since they revamped it.

I have an early build XCT without the jacks needed for the FNKS options, so I cannot experiment with user modes, but they appear to be fairly straightforward.

The cart pictured in your avatar appears to have taller than stock (18") tires, if so the regen braking effect is lessened, the same way taller than stock tire reduce the amount of torque from the motor that reaches the road, so you may have to go to extremes to feel much difference.

To find out if you home-brew switch is working, I'd adjust the Speed Limit in the three user modes to 2000RPM, 4000RPM and 6000RPM. That ought to be enough speed difference to let you know different users are being selected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #3
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks!
I will try that tonight. I thought the REGEN would be enough but didn't think about the speed. Simple enough wiring and switch and I even checked the switch with a meter so maybe I am expecting miracles.
Rex
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CBL511-008-01-A_ASY-FN-DIY-XCT-SPDT-CABLE.pdf (116.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Alltrax3.pdf (95.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #4
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Figured it out. The rocker switch I was using was lighted and had a ground spade for the lights according to the ad. I found out the ground wire was needed for the switch itself. Usually a SPDT switch only has 3 spades but the lights threw a wrench in it for this rookie.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
Thanks!
I will try that tonight. I thought the REGEN would be enough but didn't think about the speed. Simple enough wiring and switch and I even checked the switch with a meter so maybe I am expecting miracles.
Rex
When looking at the Controller Settings page in Toolkit, does the User change when you change switch positions?

--------------

With that radical of differences in Regen and Throttle rate, you ought to notice a considerable difference, or at least I believe you ought to.

I know when the Throttle rate is set to 80 in my XCT (That is how mine was set from the factory), I cannot start from a standstill without spinning the tires on dry pavement. Off course, with my D&D motor and 17" tall turf tires at 42V, I've got something like 65% greater than stock torque where rubber meets road.

I had to play with the Throttle Linearity, Speed and Torque curves and turn the Throttle rate down to 14, to domesticate it.

------

The voltage put out by the XCT on the red wire(?) isn't given. Is it battery pack voltage or something less?

Nor is applying that voltage to which of the return wires is User-1 and User-2. I assume neither is Normal.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
Figured it out. The rocker switch I was using was lighted and had a ground spade for the lights according to the ad. I found out the ground wire was needed for the switch itself. Usually a SPDT switch only has 3 spades but the lights threw a wrench in it for this rookie.
Glad to hear you figured it out. I take it you now have three different user modes.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #7
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, I now have 3 different settings and you are correct. 80% will squeal the tires in reverse anyhow. I can play now that it works. I forgot to measure the voltage but I assume it is battery pack voltage. The reason I didn't hook up the additional ground as the switch is a 12v switch. I knew the contacts would take it but wasn't sure on the LEDs. Usually they will take around 30v. So far they are still working It's a pretty simple switch. Red is the feed and the others are the output. The switch is an "on/off/on" switch and "normal position is actually off. Your usual SPDT non-lighted switch has 3 prongs so I didn't mess with the ground figuring the LEDs would blow anyhow.
It was one of those things I really didn't "need" but since it was an option I must have it anyhow!! :) It is nice to have the high REGEN for riding in the hills however.
Thank you for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO