lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #21
sjohnst3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How do I speed up an RXV?

Cgtech can you increase the speed over 19 mph with the PC Curtis controller software 1314 v 3.21?
sjohnst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #22
blinds33
Not Yet Wild

Do I need a programmer(handheld or other) or will the key alone get it programed to the 19 mph setting? I'm new to this and just looking for some clarification. Thanks!
blinds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just the key will unlock "freedom mode" and set speed to 17.5 mph. Then the programmer can set the speed to 19.5mph.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #24
Tangowood
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The ptv "freedom mode" passkey works for 2012.5 and newer. 2008-2012 is a code done by the dealer. These will both get you 19 mph. The 2012.5 and newer has a curtis controller that i can program up to about 28 mph with stock gears & wheels, if the "freedom mode" is on. Here is the "passkey"
So i have a 2014 RXV with a curtis handheld (1313-4401) and a freedom key. i can make it go 19mph like everyone else but how are you achieving 28 with stock gears and wheels?
Tangowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Ancient Chinese secret.... When Ezgo locks it on new carts, i will share how to speed up 2012.5-to-"lock date" rxvs. Right now its too valuable for me to lose.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #26
bhl
Not Yet Wild

Hey CGtech,

I have a 2010 RXV, you mentioned in an earlier post that there is a Code that can be entered to unlock the Freedom speeds. I have the handheld programmer, is it possible to get this code, or buy this code?

Thanks!
bhl
bhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:59 AM   #27
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

navitas has a new a/c controller that will give you 27 mph with stock wheels. It comes an OTF programmer
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:32 AM   #28
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl View Post
Hey CGtech,

I have a 2010 RXV, you mentioned in an earlier post that there is a Code that can be entered to unlock the Freedom speeds. I have the handheld programmer, is it possible to get this code, or buy this code?

Thanks!
bhl
Yep, local Ezgo dealer can unlock it for ya.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM   #29
bhl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
navitas has a new a/c controller that will give you 27 mph with stock wheels. It comes an OTF programmer
Nice! Thanks for the info, i am going to see if i can get my hands on one! hope the price point is fair too.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:15 PM   #30
bhl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Yep, local Ezgo dealer can unlock it for ya.
Hey cgtech, unfortunately (like some others have experienced) our local dealer says its impossible to do this, and that you need the curtis controller, or a factory freedom controller.
Is there anyway i can send my controller to you, (or someone else) to have it done. Or can i purchase or get this code and enter it myself as i have the programmer already?

thx
bhl
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO