lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
orlandois
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery melted around post

I have a 2003 EZGO which I've owned for one year. While driving the golf cart it simply stopped running and I couldn't get it to move. The lights still turned on but that was about it. I opened the seat to expose the batteries and found this as shown in pics.

This battery and cable in the picture is the only one affected. The other batteries and cables are fine. The batteries are Trojan T105 and were also purchased in 2003. Battery water was kept maintained.

The nut on the bolt didn't seem to be loose but I can't really turn it too much because of its present condition. I'm going to look for corrosion in the cable but wanted to check what other possibilities could cause this. Corrosion, bad battery plates, etc.

I'm assuming I need to start with replacing that battery....just wondering if I'm also going to have to replace the whole set of batteries.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan t105 angle.jpg (67.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan t105 side.jpg (59.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Trojan t105 top.jpg (75.5 KB, 38 views)
orlandois is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO