lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Smokin' Deal with a loose connection

I found an 89 CC DS Electric. It was in rough shape but, the price was right Owner said it had had a small fire under the seat. So I was surprised when I saw the plywood burned to down to foam The owner said the cart wouldn't go in forward all the time before the fire. This is not an uncommon complaint with the CC F&R. When I got it home I discovered the F&R was where the fire started due to a bad or loose connection.
Nothing a body off restoration ought to fix it

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1217208746
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0140.jpg (90.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0141.jpg (74.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.jpg (101.8 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0175.jpg (116.3 KB, 84 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Smokin' Deal with a loose connection

This would be a great winter project for me. Let us know how your project progresses.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Hey, I've got one of those sittin' in my work shop in just about the same condition. I really like the engineering in the little varmint and hope to have the body back on it this weekend. If I can figure out how to post pics ( Iguess I could ask my kids hoe) I'll send them. Good luck and welcome to the nut house... Your gonna learn a lot about fiberglass.
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Cuz
Gone Wild

How extreme are you going to go with it? Would be interested to follow the progress since mine looks identicle.

Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

I think at this point "extreme" would be getting it back together with a minimum of leftover parts. I havent seen a lift kit for this model yet but that dose't mean much. I have an old taylor dunn tee bird I may get outrageous with but in either case I'll be posting progress or lack there of.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Found a deal on four new 20x11x10 take offs with black steel wheels today. Ezgo ST wheels. So I will order a 3 inch Jakes spindle lift and cargo box to get this one started. I am wanting to build it back 48v but, Right now, i need to find a 48v charger......anyone?

ogre'sdad, if your cart IS the same as this there are plenty of lift kits and aftermarket parts available.
cuz, hope you won't be disappointed here but, extreem really isn't what I do. This cart will be ready to go to work when I am done. hope you still watch.

Looks like I found a bit of a bent Delta Arm under that broken cowl The bushings are really worn on this side too.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1217309466
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0180.jpg (64.9 KB, 72 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Talking Re: Smokin' Deal with a loose connection

I've just finished repairig the front fiberglass (ichy job) and am ready (??) to paint. This particular cart is going o be pretty much stock with some added whistles and bells ( a siren acually) and stereo. It is going to be used for a project helping homeless and at risk veterans. I guess his is my learning project and I'll be doing a least one extreme project cart as soon as I finish the CC. A least it keeps me off he street. I did find out that all of the aluminum trim polishes up very nicely... who needs chrome.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
JBC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I found an 89 CC DS Electric. It was in rough shape but, the price was right Owner said it had had a small fire under the seat. So I was surprised when I saw the plywood burned to down to foam The owner said the cart wouldn't go in forward all the time before the fire. This is not an uncommon complaint with the CC F&R. When I got it home I discovered the F&R was where the fire started due to a bad or loose connection.
Nothing a body off restoration ought to fix it

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1217208746
Congratulations! Of course we all want to know what you had to give for it!

Jay
JBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hee Hee, Too much for some. Not enough for others. Just right for me. But I'd be embarrassed to tell ya Consider I had to throw away the body, tires and wheels. burnt up F&R, solenoid, and v-glide. No charger & the batts are cores.
I got a frame and a roof
Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Talking Re: Smokin' Deal with a loose connection

"Too much for some, not enough for others" is areally good answer. I lucked out with mine, all electrics were there plus a charger and serviceable charger for 2 C notes, upgrades another 300, aggrivation priceless. The rest of the fleet has benefitted from what I have learned on the CC. Randy

Tags
48v conversion, bad connections, cc ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car