lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question/Help with SD Solenoid/SD Reverse Contactor/New Controller Wiring

I found the AXE diagram, its attached.

SO, ACCORDING TO IT.....I first post.....FORGET IT!! lol

ATTACHED is the AXE Series diagram.

on that controller. the 4 wires coming from the pedal box

PIN 1: BLACK
PIN 2: WHITE
PIN 3: is for REVERSE SPEED
PIN 4: RED also the POS + of the solenoid

the little red wire from the charging receptacle goes with the green/blue to the key switch.

and you know what to do with the green one

EZGO NPX 1994-Present.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #12
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question/Help with SD Solenoid/SD Reverse Contactor/New Controller Wiring

thank you. I have green to green.

As for the small red wire coming from charging receptacle, am I correct in connecting that wire to the other wire (blue) coming from key switch? The diagram provided by ScottyB says to connect Red to Blue wires..
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #13
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

FYI, please note, on the Axe controller there is a sticker that aligns with each corresponding terminal. It says pin 1 is "key on", pin 2 "throttle 1", pin 3 "throttle 2" and pin 4 "1/2 speed".

I feel like my original connections to controller are correct based upon that info?
Old 10-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwade79 View Post
thank you. I have green to green.

As for the small red wire coming from charging receptacle, am I correct in connecting that wire to the other wire (blue) coming from key switch? The diagram provided by ScottyB says to connect Red to Blue wires..
YES little red wire goes to the key switch. if you were able to electrically trace it. its ends up going to the POS + side of the battery pack.

OH GOD......I am looking at the picture that Dave posted.....he has an AXE controller too.....and you can see the wires connecting from his pedal box.

and it certainly doesn't look like PIN OUT on the diagram I have.

NOW. before we go any farther, are the spade connections on your controller labeled like the ones in Dave's picture above?
Old 10-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #15
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwade79 View Post
FYI, please note, on the Axe controller there is a sticker that aligns with each corresponding terminal. It says pin 1 is "key on", pin 2 "throttle 1", pin 3 "throttle 2" and pin 4 "1/2 speed".

I feel like my original connections to controller are correct based upon that info?
YOU ARE CORRECT!!

DA*M....this is what makes this so frickin hard troubleshooting without placing your hands on it. and seeing it all IN PERSON.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

SO......after going back and carefully reading your ORIGINAL post. You have it all wired CORRECTLY, don't change a thing!!!! LOL
Old 10-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #17
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Oh another thing.....its VERY IMPORTANT.....and we skipped it all together as this is your first thread/post.

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #18
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Finally got everything connected properly and up and running. I think the only thing I needed from my original post was to run the two wires from small posts on solenoid to controller.

Cant believe how fast it runs now!

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I was just re-reading your OP. And man.....you just really needed to take a critical look at my pic of how my controller and solenoid is wired and your's should look like this.

But, I'm glad you up and running. It's good to have the breeze thru your hair!!!!

Have fun man!!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo txt, reverse contactor, scottyb, solenoid wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO