lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 EZ GO RXV e-brake and batteries

It won't release with the batteries disconnected.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #22
madeemer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
It won't release with the batteries disconnected.
I wonder if there is a way to hook up one 12V battery to get it to release or does the controller need 48V to release it? Seems like a bad design the more I own this cart when I originally purchased it because I thought it would be safer. Wish I owned a different cart at the moment.
madeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

IMO the RXV is a good design. It's the most popular newer cart in my development. All of the newer ones my buddies have are Lithium - from the dealer. They all like them and I do not know of any here that have "locked up" while driving. Many like the braking system. I don't know if EzGo made any mods to these carts that they sell with Lithium batteries installed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:54 PM   #24
madeemer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
IMO the RXV is a good design. It's the most popular newer cart in my development. All of the newer ones my buddies have are Lithium - from the dealer. They all like them and I do not know of any here that have "locked up" while driving. Many like the braking system. I don't know if EzGo made any mods to these carts that they sell with Lithium batteries installed.
That is the question I am really trying to figure out. The dealer I purchased my cart from probably won't tell me as they want me to pay them to do the work. I am wondering if the controller programing has to be changed at all to limit current draw at sudden acceleration or gas pedal pressing so the BMS doesn't shut the battery down.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #25
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The BMS will shut down under more conditions than just over current so more than just controller reprogramming to limit current is required.

The more I think of it the more I believe the BMS is not an off the shelf one and has been specifically designed for their needs. It would have to communicate with the controller to tell it what it’s doing to facilitate a controlled stop.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:02 PM   #26
madeemer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
The BMS will shut down under more conditions than just over current so more than just controller reprogramming to limit current is required.

The more I think of it the more I believe the BMS is not an off the shelf one and has been specifically designed for their needs. It would have to communicate with the controller to tell it what it’s doing to facilitate a controlled stop.
I just called Roypow and the technical support said be very careful installing one in an RXV unless it is there newer performance model which the bms can handle a higher current draw especially of the higher performance motors. He said that model has taken care of all the problems when related to the RXV and other carts with higher perfomance motors. I also asked if the warranty would hold if I ordered one online and their canned response was the warranty is with the dealer and not the end customer. So unless the online battery store had a store near year which in this case is www.18650batterystore.com and Atlanta is 6 hrs away from me that isn't practical. So I maybe stuck paying extra and dealing with my local golf cart dealer which pisses me off. Crud....
Old 05-20-2022, 01:09 AM   #27
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Madeemer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeemer View Post
He said that model has taken care of all the problems when related to the RXV and other carts with higher perfomance motors.
What if someone other than you is driving the cart and they don't understand about running a lithium battery flat, and they're flying down the road at 30+ mi/h when the super sized "performance" battery goes flat. What do you think is going to happen?

A performance battery can only help mitigate a BMS shutdown due to overcurrent, it certainly won't stop the BMS shutting down due to low cell voltage. Put that scenario to the technical guys and see what they say.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, brake, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO