lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 Ezgo PDS build

The only thing u would have to buy extra would be a main contactor and a reversing contactor.

Just buy the controller and motor for ezgo series 0-5k throttle
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #22
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by options89 View Post
Hey Rob, Is there a write-up on your conversion? and what would the cost to this conversion be?
I have not done a thread yet about my conversion but in a nut shell you still need a controller and a motor for series instead of PDS (about the same price either way) and the main contactor (which is the same). Where the difference is that you will need to add a manual F/R switch (I think around $100 or $120) or do what I did and go with a reversing contactor
(about $195) and simply wire this to your existing F/R toggle switch. Now I went with a 2 speed motor from EMP so I picked up a second Reversing contactor and can change from torque mode to speed mode on the fly with a toggle switch. I have 23" tires and in torque mode from a dead stop on level ground without any weight in the back for assistance and a 250lb driver I can pull the front end about a foot off the ground and get a top speed of 20mph and in speed mode it will set you back in your seat a bit off the line and 29.23mph is the fastest I have clocked so far. I am in the process of converting my hen scratching into some kind of usable diagram for all the wiring and hope to have it done soon.

Rob
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
sbarnes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Very interesting, Hypersprint. Some more info. is needed know you have got my attention, I will be considering the same conversion.
sbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnes View Post
Very interesting, Hypersprint. Some more info. is needed know you have got my attention, I will be considering the same conversion.
Instead of highjacking the OPs thread I will start a build thread.

Rob
Old 05-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
CoastalCart
Not Yet Wild

Options, your cart looks great! Love the color. Just to backtrack on the build thread some, how'd you go about prepping and painting? What'd you use to scuff it up, what did you use to apply the paint, and what kind of paint did you use?

Thanks!
CoastalCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
options89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! I sanded the body down with 400grit sandpaper (sand until theres no shine but try not to burn through) then primed it and painted it with waterbased automotive paint. Painting cars is a hobby of mine
options89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #27
options89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hypersprint I talked to the guys at EMP and would have really liked to give them my business but they do not offer a motor to run with the size of tires I have. They refered me to D and D, in which They talked me out of the series conversion and to stick with my PDS system. I now have a DCX500, a 170-502-0001 high torque motor (40%over stock with stock controller) and a HD solenoid.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #28
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hypersprint I talked to the guys at EMP and would have really liked to give them my business but they do not offer a motor to run with the size of tires I have. They refered me to D and D, in which They talked me out of the series conversion and to stick with my PDS system. I now have a DCX500, a 170-502-0001 high torque motor (40%over stock with stock controller) and a HD solenoid.
That is very interesting about the tire size with EMP, I was thinking about going with the 26" Duro Power Grips

Rob
Old 08-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #29
options89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint View Post
That is very interesting about the tire size with EMP, I was thinking about going with the 26" Duro Power Grips

Rob
For sure, I was very surprised, they were saying their motors are just re-worked stock motors and for my application I would need a special motor. I tried dude, they really didnt want anything to do with it. My other cart will be getting an EMP motor though
Old 08-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #30
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
For sure, I was very surprised, they were saying their motors are just re-worked stock motors and for my application I would need a special motor. I tried dude, they really didnt want anything to do with it. My other cart will be getting an EMP motor though
Well maybe I'll have a 2 speed EMP for sale soon

Tags
48v conversion, allsports, ezgo, long travel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts