lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
auditace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1983.5 Club Car Alltrax Controller

Need help wiring new Alltrax NPX4834 controller after frying Curtis Controller. Hooked up and solenoid only clicks with single green blink and 3 red blinks from controller. Have pre-vglide speed switch (silver box) (wires: red,yellow,green,brown,blue,orange,white,black). Replaced the speed switch and wire colors moved around. Here are the changes (old-new: orange-yellow,red-yellow,brown-orange,white-red,blue-white,yellow-blue,black-black,green-green): . Need wiring diagram for speed switch showing where each microswitch goes with old or new colors. Had NPX setup for 5k-0 instead of 5k-0/3-wire. Is this correct? I assumed 3-wire was for half-speed reverse which I do not have. Is positive current supposed to flow through throttle wires that go to #2 & #3 post on controller? Previously had battery(-) going to large pole on solenoid (new 200amp) and then to B- on controller. Alltrax said I had to send batter(+) to large solenoid pole along with the 250amp fuse and then to B+ on controller. Is this OK? Wiring schematic for speed switch would solve everything for me. Any help would be appreciated.
auditace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 1983.5 Club Car Alltrax Controller

Welcome to BGW

That speed switch is not the correct one for an alltrax or any electronic speed controller for that matter. Inside the aluminum housing are five micro switches that control the 5 solenoids that used to be on the cart. There is no potentiometer inside the box. There is no way it will control the Alltrax unless you modified it somehow or had someone modify it. You need a Multi step V-Glide assembly. Club Car uses 5k-0 ohm so that part is correct.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a potentiometer PB-6 5k-0 for Club Car 4 sale. PM me with your where abouts for a price delivered....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum auditace..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
auditace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scottyb, I'm in Missouri City Texas (Southwest of Houston).
Old 08-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
auditace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help guys
Old 08-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Your welcome

You can use a PB-6 like scottyb suggested or a multi-step potentiometer v-glide. Either one will require you to do some minor fab work, The Multi-step v-glide is a factory part and should fit easier than the PB-6.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My slightly out of date Nivel catalogue shows $340 for the Multi-step potentiometer assembly or $115 for the conversion kit. Which is about the came as a Curtis PB-6.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
My slightly out of date Nivel catalogue shows $340 for the Multi-step potentiometer assembly or $115 for the conversion kit. Which is about the came as a Curtis PB-6.
DANG! There has to be a cheaper solution. Nivels prices is probly close to $400 now, and thats dealer cost. The PB-6 5k-0 ohm is obviously the cheaper solution.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
auditace
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The PB-6 appears to be the best solution. From what I can tell it has 3 wires: red, black, & white. How does the solenoid get activated with this solution? Micro-switch?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car