lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Bakers dozen
Not Yet Wild

Default What the brakes...stumped

Hey guys. I am stumped on a odd brake issue.
2006 48v iq with lift I revived this thing back from the dead.

I changed the shoes a few months back and adjusted the tension.

I drive my cart about a half mile to the ball park in the evening with no issues at all. After we get done playing for a few hours the brakes will lock up at the slightest touch. Literally lock up and nearly tossed one of my kids.

I am in nw florida and we get some condensation on everything around 7 pm when the sun goes down .

The other night it was doing it and I thought maybe they were wet and tried a few things. Tapping the brakes very briefly to try and try them with friction. Didn't work. I was trying in the wet grass and they kept locking up.

I put it in reverse and pressed the brake pedal. Stopped as it should. Tried to stop in reverse a few more times with no issue and put it in forward and it seemed to be fine after that.

Recently upgraded rear leafs but I think the problem was still prevalent before that.

Any ideas.
Bakers dozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What the brakes...stumped

Sounds crazy but make sure all bolts are tight on lift and bushing are good you do not want any movement with rearend

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: What the brakes...stumped

Your axle is twisting. You may also need longer brake cables. That's the reason I went with the 4 u bolt lift kit.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car