lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
Jdulac88
Not Yet Wild

Default Is there optimal location for mounting Voltage Converter and Fuse box on DS

I did some searches but couldn't find any convincing threads with an ideal location for a voltage reducer and fuse box on the DS. I have an 88 DS that has been converted to a solid state. Also, since I don't have a built in computer do i just run my negative off the 6th battery?

Looking to run running lights, fogs and neons. Was running 36V and lights were right off the 1 and 2 battery for 12 volts. Figured I mine as well do it right and run the 48-12v reducer with a fuse box.
Jdulac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Is there optimal location for mounting Voltage Converter and Fuse box on DS

Anywhere high and dry for the converter and anywhere dry and easily accessible for the fuse block. Yes, run the negative to the converter off the negative of the 6th battery. Use a buss bar for your accessories.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Is there optimal location for mounting Voltage Converter and Fuse box on DS

image.jpg

Just behind the batteries
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

I just installed mine on the frame rail (reducer) adjacent to the controller. You may need to remove the body for this. I mounted the fuse block on a separate vertical support directly under the seat. I just did this last month, you can find my thread by clicking my history
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car