lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #31
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGolfer View Post
I need to insure my 2000 CC because of city regulations. I have my auto and motorcycle thru Progressive, but they want the serial # and it can't have any 0's but mine has 3? Where can I get cheap insurance? (I only use the cart for short trips to the store and a few times of golf during the year.)

My 2001 Club Car is insured full coverage through Progressive. Have you called them or doing it online? I do it online but perhaps your doing something incorrectly?
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2017, 06:13 AM   #32
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Insurance

Yes this insurance thing is a real mess! I have a street legal cart here in Florida. It has seat belts, wiper, DOT windshield etc. when I bought it from the dealer I was told ins. Is no problem. Nothing further from the truth here in fla. cart has a MSO and a vin number. In fla you need PIP ins to get plates and register it. No one other than Allstate at $500/6mos will touch it, not progressive, safeco, foremost and the list goes on. The problem is the PIP ins. I actually had a policy issued from travelers that was rescinded by them. Ins for your camp at $87 per year is not street legal ins. Anything through your homeowners is not street legal ins. Everyone should understand at least in Fla what they are buying for $87 per year. It seems that a GEM car has the right number of digits in the Vin for the ins companies not to freak out. Amazing thing is that this 25 mph Barbi jeep costs me more per year to ins. Than my 190 mph ZO6 corvette. Our town Delray Beach has hundreds of carts used on the street and only about half of them have tags, seems that the police don't give them a 2nd glance. It would be safe to assume that the carts without tags have no PIP ins, only wonder how many that have tags purchased pip ins to get the tags and then never renued it.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:18 AM   #33
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My insurance from progressive is street legal, $100 deductible and even includes uninsured motorist coverage and $6000 in customizations covered.. $88 a year.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:27 AM   #34
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'd call the Fla DOT and talk to a supervisor. There's gotta be a way of getting a new VIN for a cart. We are not talking about a Porsche here. Maybe applying for a restructured title or something.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:39 AM   #35
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Zero's are fine if it's a 17 digit VIN.
It's the letter o that is not put in VIN numbers.
I'm sort of a grammar nazi, one of my pet peeves is when someone says "o" when they mean zero.
I'm kind of a d-bag about it. If someone gives me a phone number and they say "o" instead of zero, I will ask them, by "o" you mean 6?

Yeah....I'm that guy...
Hey, at least you own it. LOL
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #36
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Im in florida and have been though the process of LSV . I was issued a new vin number and title at time of inspection over in tampa. took everything over to my statefarm agent got a policy, then to the DMV for my tag and registration . Everything was done in a day, was not cheap everyone has there hand out .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car