lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
esakella
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car - Charger, Cart of House Plug Issues

I have just purchased a Club Car golf cart from a friend of mine and am having issues with my charger. I plug it in and it starts working and 1 minute later the built in breaker switch kicks out. I have tried plugging in in several of our 110 outlets located in the garage and I keep getting the same issue.

I took the charger of golf cart repair place and they said the charger is just fine. Could there be something wrong with the golf cart which is causing this? Could our house fuses be overloaded? No fuses in the house are tripping so I am not sure that is the issue.

Looking forward your opinions. Thank you
esakella is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car - Charger, Cart of House Plug Issues

Depending on the charger it is that is what it is supposed to do. If you leave it plugged in it will start back up and continue the charging cycle..
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I just recently had the same issue with the charger breaker tripping on my old 98 48V,
(someone else owns it now, and wanted me to look at it)

Everything that I've read here at BGW told me that the rectifier may be bad,
But... to also replace the circuit breaker on the charger because it gets weak after tripping a few times.

I bought a rectifier, and breaker for a Power Drive 2 charger,
not remembering that it was "just a Power Drive" charger.
(the rectifiers are different)

So I replaced the circuit breaker while I had it opened up, and it worked perfect after that!
and now I have a PD2 rectifier that I have no use for!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 AM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

The standard CC charger starts up then switches off a couple of minutes later, then starts again and stays on for the charging cycle. I believe it is to do with the computer first working out how much charge is needed, depending on the state of charge of the batteries, before going ahead with the cycle.

So, if everything is working properly just leave it plugged in and it will automatically start again after the pause. The pause is very short (only a matter of seconds) before it starts again.

If it is actually shutting down and not starting again then that's a different matter and there must be something wrong.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #5
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Guys, the OP states in his post that the circuit breaker on the front of the charger is kicking one minute after the charger is plugged in. I think the circuit breaker needs to be replaced.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yep!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car