lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default First year of PDS

Could someone off the top of their head tell me the first year EZGO made the PDS carts?
chasenfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: First year of PDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasenfish16 View Post
Could someone off the top of their head tell me the first year EZGO made the PDS carts?
I believe it was 2000. I got one. Has the FNR lever behind your right leg. Everything on it made it look like a DCS until I pulled the controller cover and surprise!! PDS.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I believe it was 2000. I got one. Has the FNR lever behind your right leg. Everything on it made it look like a DCS until I pulled the controller cover and surprise!! PDS.
That complicates things a little more. Then what years where the DCS carts made? Is the only weak link in a DCS cart the controller, and is it the same as A PDS cart with the exception of the controller? One last question is the FWD/REV lever in the same place as a series cart at the base of the seat under your right knee?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The weak link in the DCS system was the operator. They ate controllers in low voltage situations......

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer ezgos dont have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driverside frame rail below the floor board.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
chasenfish16
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info, so if I buy a DCS cart and change out the controller will this alleviate the low voltage problem? Does it have the same motor as the PDS cart?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The weak link in the DCS system was the operator. They ate controllers in low voltage situations......

The last 2 numbers of the manufactures code is the year, located inside the passenger side glove box, the 2004 and newer ezgos dont have a serial number plate in the box, they have a serial number sticker under the rear access panel behind the seat, and then on the driverside frame rail below the floor board.

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
scottyb, my 2000 PDS has the fnr level behind the leg with the run/tow switch so it depends on year.. surprised me too. DCS/PDS both have a weak controller. just not smart enough
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
scottyb, my 2000 PDS has the fnr level behind the leg with the run/tow switch so it depends on year.. surprised me too. DCS/PDS both have a weak controller. just not smart enough
Not really - They aren't bad until someone lifts them and adds larger tires

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Not really - They aren't bad until someone lifts them and adds larger tires
Sorry, my bad, what MMT said.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #10
buddyroe
Not Yet Wild

Hi everyone. I hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but I had a question about a PDS cart with the FnR switch by your knee (these seem to be rare). Is it possible to convert the lever FnR handle to a toggle switch? I have done it with a series cart using an SW202 reversing contactor, but I wouldn't think that would be necessary here.

Anyone ever done it or know if it is possible?
buddyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO