lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO State-of-Charge Indicator Wiring

I am a new member, and although I have searched the other threads I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

Recently I purchased and installed an EZGO State-of-Charge Indicator in my '09 RXV.

http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Sta...Meter-Kit.html

I also purchased the wiring adapter for the RXV which plugged right in and connected the 5 wire plug on the indicator to the 3 wire plug on my existing harness. The 3 wire plug provides a + battery, -battery, and a connection to the iginition switch postive.

The indicator seems to working fine. However, I use my cart at night quite a bit, and the indicator is not lighted. Are the extra wires in the harness provided for lighting? Can this guage be wired for lighting?

Any education would be appreciated.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO State-of-Charge Indicator Wiring

Unfortunately I think the answer is no. Just a few of us play night golf and I don't think EZ-Go is worried about that.. I will have to look but I thought there was a round hole on the back where a bulb in the correct holder may snap in ??
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Get ScottyB's DVM - problem solved.
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks kgsc, that is what I thought, but I was curious about the other wires. Maybe they work with the sending unit for the gas engine. It appears that this unit will work with either.

No danger running out of battery as I don't travel that far, but it would be a nice touch to have the state-of-charge indicator light up at night.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have a bad one somewhere.. I may tear it apart and see if there is a place one could drill a hole and insert an led or the like.. Will keep you posted..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Milton - check these out, seriously. You can probably sell your current meter and pay less then it would cost you to fiddle and try to get a light in yours.

I wired straight to terminals so it's always on, but you can set to key switch if you want. LED - see at night.

Scotty - do you have for RXV?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121127_084643.jpg (103.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20121127_084600.jpg (97.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice Dela. I had considered the LED, but it would be hard explaining to my wife why it is empty when it reads 48 volts and she's the primary driver.

I will stick with the EZGO, as I have replaced the instrument panel and relocated the light toggle switch.

I was just hoping for with a simple wire hookup and wah la lights!!! No such luck.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonC View Post
Thanks for the advice Dela. I had considered the LED, but it would be hard explaining to my wife why it is empty when it reads 48 volts and she's the primary driver.

"But is SAYS 48 Volts and YOU said it's a 48 volt cart!!"
Old 06-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
bsmithusca
Not Yet Wild

Just put the Rectangular Battery State of charge indicator on the 09 RXV. There was an extra plug in back of the panel with Red/Black/Grey. I disconnected the terminal and received 48v when cart was turned on. The indicator goes from green LED and flashes down to the red. Then goes blank. No indication of battery life, or lights on. Tried charging the cart fully but same thing happens. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance..
bsmithusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting., state-of-charge, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO