lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Ok spoke too soon. Was running the cart today and it just quit. Pulled the controller cover and the dreaded 2 blinks red. -25C I don't think so.. Guess I'll be calling Alltrax Monday.
I had an alltrax throw that error as well, they do have a temperature sensor on the mother board that can fail, but it is not repairable as all components are covered in epoxy.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 96 DCS with Alltrax DCX 300 open field error

Quote:
Ok spoke too soon. Was running the cart today and it just quit. Pulled the controller cover and the dreaded 2 blinks red. -25C I don't think so.. Guess I'll be calling Alltrax Monday.
Hopefully, you aren't using the complete stock controller cover.
A DCX needs air circulation. Cut off everything below the Run/Tow switch.

The attached is how I ran a DCX400.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX Installed-1.jpg (891.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The complete cover is there but there is about a 1 inch gap at the bottom. Probably cut that off today. Also this is a 300 amp so will run a little cooler. I'm thinking bad solder joint on the board for the temp sensor..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well, pulled the cover off and cut it in half. Just for grins I hooked it back up and hit the switch and the error was gone.. Cart had not moved and not been touched other than removing the cover. I thought maybe a bad Run/Tow or connection but not sure why that would cause an under temp error. I was going to pull the controller and call Alltrax but didn't get around to it.. May get over there one night this week to pull and get the numbers to call Alltrax. May have to get them to send me a new mapping also. Cart had a DCS motor and now has a PDS.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

DCX controller cover install instruction for Ezgo below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo controller cover.jpg (48.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Well, pulled the cover off and cut it in half. Just for grins I hooked it back up and hit the switch and the error was gone.. Cart had not moved and not been touched other than removing the cover. I thought maybe a bad Run/Tow or connection but not sure why that would cause an under temp error. I was going to pull the controller and call Alltrax but didn't get around to it.. May get over there one night this week to pull and get the numbers to call Alltrax. May have to get them to send me a new mapping also. Cart had a DCS motor and now has a PDS.

Contact me via private message and send me your email, I have several field mappings for various motors including the stock PDS. I can simply email it to you.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

pm sent. Thanks cj. I still need to hook up my computer to it to see what I can see but just didn't get around to it this weekend. Wonder if I can fool the temp sensor...
Old 11-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Called Alltrax and asked about the 2 blink too cold error. Was told that the controller will sometimes do that if it senses voltage on the frame. Or it may be about to buy the farm. As of right now it is working so waiting for it to fail again so I can check for voltage.. Just not enough time in a day..
Old 11-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We'll got a chance to check this weekend and sure enough, there is voltage on the frame or at least the controller heatsink to a battery terminal. Seemed very strange so disconnected the two main + and - wires and tried again. Still voltage. Isolated pack and still voltage. WTH? Disconnected all wires and tried again. Now I have zero to frame from any and all. Hooked it all back up but left out the mains and the 12 volt circuit. Now have varying voltage all over the pack to frame. Shake the batteries and voltages change.. Always thought a battery case was neutral so what is up with this? Funny thing is when I had close to 12 stray volts the controller threw a 2 red led flash which is too cold.. When it was low like 2 volts it was fine. Any thoughts on isolation of the batteries?
Old 11-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are your batteries sweating? Cases wet ? That will do it.
Improperly installed 12v stuff can do it too .

Sounds like you are getting closer to solving this mystery
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO