lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo steering stabilizer kit 29490. any luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I figured it was the added weight causing the suspension to flex more, which causes the driver to lean more, thus moving the steering wheel more. The obvious response to zinging from one lane to the other is to overcompensate, which repeats the process. I've learned to deal with it, but refuse to let others to drive with more than two passengers.

I'm hoping a stabilizer would dampen that a bit.
It will dampen it a bit. It takes that looseness and basically puts it into the frame where you mount it. By the way, it's nothing more than a shock with some brackets for your application. If you are mechanically inclined at all, take an extra shock and make your own method of affixing it and you can save yourself quite a few bucks......I always save old nuts, bolts and brackets just for purposes like that.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I figured it was the added weight causing the suspension to flex more, which causes the driver to lean more, thus moving the steering wheel more. The obvious response to zinging from one lane to the other is to overcompensate, which repeats the process. I've learned to deal with it, but refuse to let others to drive with more than two passengers.

I'm hoping a stabilizer would dampen that a bit.
If my thoughts above are true, it would probably be worse on a lifted cart, with the higher center of gravity.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
If my thoughts above are true, it would probably be worse on a lifted cart, with the higher center of gravity.
Yes it would be. In the Jeep world, we call it the death wobble. You lift your jeep and unless you get the alignment geometry corrected, at speed the thing shakes violently and touching the wheel will move you across three lanes in a heartbeat. You have to adjust the camber angles like Baja suspensions to allow for the change. It may eat tires a little faster in the long run, but hey what's a couple bucks in tires vs your life eh?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:16 AM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
My steering box is, new tie rod ends and toe-in is set, but at 35+ MPH, it gets squirrely with rear passengers. It's on my to-do list to try one.
A golf cart is horribly imbalanced with rear passengers and just the driver. Especially above the 12 mph the cart was designed for.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

May be an option: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...lizer-way.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I saw that. My to-do list is long, so it may be a while before I get to this. I can control it, but worry if others are driving, so it's not too high on my list.

I agree with Sportcoup that we're eating WAY into whatever factors of safety were designed into them. Lifting mine would probably aggravate the problem I see on mine, depending on the type of lift.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #17
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Do you have slop in your steering? I had a lot of slop and had to replace a number of parts to tighten it up. 20 may be where mine used to get squirrelly before tightening the steering up and going to HD springs.
yeah, i feel like you can turn the steering wheel right for left about a 1 inch or so each way while it is sitting still. what all things did you replace to tighten it up? hopefully not the entire steering box, i was looking at those 250+
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-steering.html
Old 06-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #19
stang99x
Gone Wild

Well, after reading that I can honestly say I'm not real keen on spending $200 to fix such a simple little system. For $200 I could probably create an electric assist power steering system. I have a cart that I cut in half and the steering is still assembled on the front end. I'll see about finding a solution through that.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It depends on what yours needs. Age and miles are different. A neighborhood cruiser will probably have fewer miles than a fleet buggy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO