lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
mhynd
Not Yet Wild

Default Txt rear seal?

In the act of changing the rear wheel bearings and seals on a 2000 TXT. I noticed the after pulling the axles that one of the rear seals was up against the inner snap ring and the other was pushed back about 1/2" from the snap ring. I can see in the axle housing where the seal seats and it would allow the seal to go back in that far. Also I can see on the axle where the seals have been riding that way. Is this normal for the seal to be seated that far behind the inner snap ring?
mhynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Txt rear seal?

I replaced mine in a 1998 TXT, but don't remember there being room for it to wander. It may be normal, I just don't remember.

In case you don't have it, here's the Dana Axle manual.

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
mhynd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Txt rear seal?

Thanks Yurtle. Looking closer at the diagram, it does appear to have a space between the inner snap ring and the seal its self. Seems strange to me but I'm no mechanic.
mhynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO