lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default putting cart in short bed while pulling camper

Any ideas on cart in back of pickup short bed and still be able to pull my camper, tires sit on about 8 inches of tailgate and if I could figure out idea to be able to take off tailgate id be good to hook up camper, sick of running double trailors
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: putting cart in short bed while pulling camper

Put pieces of 2x8 long enough for the cart to sit on in the bed.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Wouldn't hurt to it it in the truck backward either,that way the weight is more forward in the truck.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I leave my tailgate on. I use 2 pieces of 2x10 that run length of bed. I bought some tailgate metal supports. http://dgmtailgatesupport.com/tailgate-supports. The I purchased a hitch extender.http://www.reesehitches.com/products...Hitches_,45292. This gives me plenty of clearance on trailer jack. I also mounted a winch on the front of mine and added steel supports with a stout u bolt onto the bed front ( by cab) so I can winch it into the bed.
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I use the tailgate supports similar to what was linked above http://dgmtailgatesupport.com/tailgate-supports but since the cart weighs 1,000-lbs, I had a set of "Super-springs" installed http://www.4wheelparts.com/parts/man...e.aspx?mid=SPR (Leaf spring helper spring on left of page) on my Siverado. Great spring to keep truck level and stable....plus when truck is empty it drives like a factory truck without additional spring stiffness.

FWIW

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Wouldn't hurt to it it in the truck backward either,that way the weight is more forward in the truck.
If you transport the cart backwards, be sure to tie down the seat!!!
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I work for a spring-shop,the rear springs in the Gm and Fords are pathetic.All those leaf-kits,load-handlers,etc...are a band-aid.Timbrens work,Air-bags help,but you can have 1 or 2heavy leafs added(one guage thicker than the stock leaves),and if the shop does it correctly when fitting the leaf,it will sit the same,ride better,and carry alot more weight.The whole trick is fitting them properly,if they are matched arch to the spring-pack,or if arch is removed slightly,they can sit like stock.Any of the generic add-a-leafs have a general arch and wont sit correctly 90% of the time,same with buying the leafs and installing them yourself.It will tow much better too.Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an 8 foot bed. I've never had this problem.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
tdforlife
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Can u still run air bags if u add the springs? I have a 09 1500 ram, I'm pulling a 28 ft grey wolf , I have the 20s on it but I did go with a load range e tire for added weight. Not really comfortable running double trailors . I do drive semi and doubles for a living but still not fun .lol
tdforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yep,you can run the bags,as long as you adjust accordingly.I think your Ram has Coils in the rear.They keep switching stuff around,its' hard to remember them all.The '14 Ram 2500 2wd,has coil-rear also.Also never run the bags flat(0 psi.),always keep min.5psi in them to keep them from folding up and chafing.I just did a build-up last week on a F450,added 2-leafs,and he has Firestone-Bags.The guy hauls trailers around the country from the mfg. in Indiana,and his loads vary from small to Way-Heavy.I designed,built and installed a trailer-hitch for doubles on a 38'(may have been bigger,it was huge,and had duals besides!!) 5th-wheel a few weeks ago,they aren't legal in NY,but he travels,I can't see the enjoyment in doubles in a configuration like that.If you run loaded a lot,do a 2-leaf buildup,they can either use the same guage if the weight isn't ridiculous,or go heavier,and they can either de-arch the pack,or remove the spacer-block if it has one to maintain ride-height.We do heavy build-ups on new F250/350s all the time,remove about 1" of arch,add 2-heavy(.499" thick,stock are .447"-thick).They appear stock when we are done.Hope this helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO