lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
marndawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 PDS Quits Running

The cart has not quit again but while driving it last night when I parked the cart it was still in diagnostic mode. Right when I stopped it beeped 3 times then 2 times. 1st time its gave me a code. According to code list the solenoid is welded. I checked again this morning and can hear the solenoid picking up and dropping out. Does this mean anything? Should I just replace the solenoid and hope it fixes the issue?
marndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 PDS Quits Running

It may be a false error. A PDS controller isn't all that smart and is easily fooled.

What sets that error flag is the voltage on the controller's B+ terminal not dropping below the "Auxiliary Voltage" when the solenoid de-energizes and if the auxiliary voltage is abnormally low for some reason, it thinks the solenoid contacts are welded.

Check for FULL battery pack voltage on J1 Pins 4 & 5. The controller senses the auxiliary voltage on one of those two pins, but I'm not sure which one. (My guess is Pin-5 because it is a direct connection to B+ while Pin-4 goes through the reed switch, but EZGO has done some other things that are not logical.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO