lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Needing more Torque

I just picked up our first Golf Cart from a local guy selling carts. It's a 2010-2011 48v EzGo with a 2012 Terrain body, Lifted with 22' tires... It's a PDS cart with the FWD/REV rocker switch on dash and the Run/Tow toggle switch under the seat.

The cart has been 23mph on our flat streets but in our yard with mild hills it lacks the torque to get up them.

I have read chips can be bought, I was told I need a $500+ controller..

What can be done to add more torque?
Scot W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Needing more Torque

well Scot......the "chips" you mentioned are not really chips, they are actually a jumper of sorts and are very inexpensive....like a $7.69 from EZ-GO. but first you need to find out which one you have on your cart now....if one at all. here are the four available.

PDS mode plugs.jpg

oh and btw......

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nuke,

Thanks for the quick response! and thanks for the welcome, I look forward to being here and getting to know these carts better.....

I looked at my controller and didn't see anything that resembled any of those jumpers nor did I see a spot where they would go. (I posted a picture of it in my photo album)

I would Love to be able to just spend $7.00 to get more torque out of my cart than to spend $500+ or more on another controller, can you please look up my controller and tell me if it will accept those kind of jumper's?

Here is what my existing controller is:

Curtis

Part # 612632

Model # 1206HB-5201
Old 08-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot W. View Post
I just picked up our first Golf Cart from a local guy selling carts. It's a 2010-2011 48v EzGo with a 2012 Terrain body, Lifted with 22' tires... It's a PDS cart with the FWD/REV rocker switch on dash and the Run/Tow toggle switch under the seat.

The cart has been 23mph on our flat streets but in our yard with mild hills it lacks the torque to get up them.

I have read chips can be bought, I was told I need a $500+ controller..

What can be done to add more torque?
You will get torque with a controller upgrade and keep your speed. You could also installer smaller tires to get more torque. Another way is more voltage, but you'll need new everything for that. Finally, there is a motor swap for more torque, but less speed.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
rib33024

You have a RXV cart, the pics nuke posted has nothing to do with your cart, that is for a TXT cart. You controller has to be programed by a dealer/cart shop. the big tires are what is taking away your torque

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=3316
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
You have a RXV cart, the pics nuke posted has nothing to do with your cart, that is for a TXT cart. You controller has to be programed by a dealer/cart shop. the big tires are what is taking away your torque
Thanks for the responses guy's! So all I need to do is take it to a dealer/shop and they can re-program my existing controller for more torque?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=3316
Incorrect, thats a 48v "new txt" sepex cart. An upgraded controller may be available from FSIP.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I can program it to "feel like" it has more torque by adjusting the throttle rate, but, going up a long hill will still feel the same. I cant install a bigger controller with some programming tweaks. A 250 amp controller will always be a 250 amp controller (kinda' small).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

sorry scot......I didn't look at the pictures in your album before I posted, thus I didn't realize the model cart you had, and the info I was giving you was for a different cart......but cgtech is right on the money and got you covered.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #10
Scot W.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
incorrect, thats a 48v "new txt" sepex cart. An upgraded controller may be available from fsip.
So I guess the only thing to do is buy a new controller... What is FSIP?

I was told by a Internet business that I needed the DCX500PDS controller, question now is "What would be the correct one for my cart"?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO