lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: *stolen * 2005 ezgo txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tculpepper View Post
There's a thread somewhere all about kill switches. Some folks had some pretty great ideas on this.
I considered a kill switch but thought it might add another fail point. The run/tow switch works as a kill switch if the seat could be secured. I also changed out my key switch to a unique key switch with lights so someone with a fleet key can't use my cart or kids can't turn the lights on.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #12
GoldWinger88
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, the thread is where I heard about using a Cigarette Lighter.

Insurance settled yesterday and I got a nice 2006 TXT and Trailer for a good price (I Think).
The cart looks great for being 8yrs old and I think I will like it better than the 2005. They may have done me a favor.

http://charleston.craigslist.org/rvs/4628078149.html

Now to make sure the Rat B@%^(^%$ don't get this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00z0z_4Z51liyNOPO_600x450.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00G0G_8ZU3JY5uDmo_600x450.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00s0s_dQZzNbBWYCj_600x450.jpg (49.4 KB, 0 views)
GoldWinger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldWinger88 View Post
Thanks, the thread is where I heard about using a Cigarette Lighter.

Insurance settled yesterday and I got a nice 2006 TXT and Trailer for a good price (I Think).
The cart looks great for being 8yrs old and I think I will like it better than the 2005. They may have done me a favor.
Very nice. Is that a 5 x 10 trailer? I like the shorter ramp also.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #14
stang99x
Gone Wild

I had a buddy back in high school that had a Z28 IROC Camaro and he was always concerned about someone stealing it. So we wired 4 large rocker switches in series that had to be in a particular on/off setting for the ignition to get power. Then, we labeled the switches as FAN, AUX, LIGHTS, and BLOWER. So you had the switches that showed being used for those purposes, and with each one positioned correctly the car would start. If they weren't in the right setting, the car had no power. Granted it's a bit overboard, however the chances of someone guessing that the switches control the ignition, much less the correct combination of on/off are near Zero.

As to the stolen cart, there was a kid in Columbia selling carts for a while, and I had looked at a few. Based on what he had, the prices he charged and the fact that he was suddenly in jail with no real reason led me to believe he was stealing them. Might be worth a look.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
stang99x
Gone Wild

The more I sat around thinking about this, the more I figured it wouldn't be difficult to create a solution to lock the seat down. I'm pretty sure I've got it down on paper and in theory, so I ordered some parts tonight to make it happen. I'll let you know how it turns out. I do love a challenge.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:52 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Are you going to use electrical solenoid type lock, or purely mechanical? I've wanted to do an electrical lock, but you have to have a backup means if the fuse blows, solenoid dies, wires go bad, etc.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #17
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Are you going to use electrical solenoid type lock, or purely mechanical? I've wanted to do an electrical lock, but you have to have a backup means if the fuse blows, solenoid dies, wires go bad, etc.
I did it with an electrical lock mechanism with a manual backup, just like you'd find in a trunk. Heres a really crappy video showing it locked and opening.

http://vid10.photobucket.com/albums/...psd1b505aa.mp4

I have some parts on order to build a non prototype system that can be mass marketed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO