lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #51
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought a house and in the garage is an ezgo

The 7.3 was a gas hog. It was discontinued in a time when the competition was getting 50% greater fuel mileage, putting out more hp, and doing it with fewer cylinders... My 7.3 & 5 spd stick got 12.5 mpg with the F350 empty. Not saying it wasn't a good power plant, but lets remember the facts - this was about the same time diesel fuel price tripled. Soon afterwards FORD introduced the v6 diesel that from what I understand (never owned one) was a complete failure.

The diesel pickup war is over..... Cummings won 'hands down'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #52
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by plezgo View Post
Hands down the best Diesel out there. I always say when a manufactor quits making something its because they are not making any money off of that product anymore. You cant fix what isnt broke, cant make money if you only sell it once no have no repeat business
Own one. I agree.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #53
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

"I have a 150 yard hill at about 50 degree grassy slope I would like to climb on a regular bases so I would have to run the Jeep up and down it."

Before dumping a lot of money and time into cart you might look at an RXV.
Can be bought at reasonable price and comes with a high tech AC drive system.
Others may have a different opinion, but the RXV system --STOCK no mods--
outperforms many upgrade packages i have seen-- not in speed(Limited by computer to
@20mph) but in hill climbing.
RXV's gave good range,are customizable and might be a cost effective alternative to upgrading your current ride.
I would not go with oversize tires on RXV if steep hill climbing is normal.

Good luck.... Keep us posted.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #54
plezgo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The 7.3 was a gas hog. It was discontinued in a time when the competition was getting 50% greater fuel mileage, putting out more hp, and doing it with fewer cylinders... My 7.3 & 5 spd stick got 12.5 mpg with the F350 empty. Not saying it wasn't a good power plant, but lets remember the facts - this was about the same time diesel fuel price tripled. Soon afterwards FORD introduced the v6 diesel that from what I understand (never owned one) was a complete failure.

The diesel pickup war is over..... Cummings won 'hands down'
I would say it time to pull injctor and clean/replace if you are only getting 12.5 out of her.

My 6.8l excursion is pulling 28 mpg in town and opened up running 80 mph Im pulling 34 mpg, hooked to my 27' travel trailer at high way speeds I still getting 30mpg. rocking a set of 33x13x16 mudders
Can't speak yet on milage on 7.3 I just dropped in the the excursion rolloing on 37s, but on the rack it is dropping close to 650 horse at the rear tires.
We can get into that build later.

I dont have anything in this e-zgo at this point as I research, and price compare out the butt before pulling the trigger and buying thing it drives the wife nuts. I think I end up buying new 6volts batteries and go from there. As I am new to this world.
plezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO