lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 88 ezgo, white mystery wire

Ok, so I looked and found a picture diagram of the cart but not a schematic of the wiring. Cant be much different than other carts but it has been months since I played with wires on a golf cart and I need to know what,if anything, this white wire that is heavy and loose does.
I hooked jumper cables from my other cart to it and the motor and such works fine forward and reverse. It appears it was hooked to the postive battery terminal. Which I dont see the need for?
Dont know ,need to know if I can. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00050.JPG (342.7 KB, 0 views)
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 ezgo, white mystery wire

It goes from the microswitch on the drivers side of the F/R switch (when in installed position) to the positive of the battery last in the chain. Meaning the battery with the main Neg connection (M-). You can see it in the picture coming out from under the F/R switch going to battery no 6. As far as I know, this cart is pretty much unmolested so probably came from the factory like this.
As far as what it does would be a guess on my part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marathon battery comp.JPG (173.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
It goes from the microswitch on the drivers side of the F/R switch (when in installed position) to the positive of the battery last in the chain. Meaning the battery with the main Neg connection (M-). You can see it in the picture coming out from under the F/R switch going to battery no 6. As far as I know, this cart is pretty much unmolested so probably came from the factory like this.
As far as what it does would be a guess on my part.
I'm going by memory here, but I think that wire supplies 6 volts for the reverse buzzer. There is a wiring diagram in the stickies (I think) for a resistor cart so verify before you take my word for it.
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelStryker View Post
I'm going by memory here, but I think that wire supplies 6 volts for the reverse buzzer. There is a wiring diagram in the stickies (I think) for a resistor cart so verify before you take my word for it.
nope.......in the picture at the top.....the buzzer is supplied power from the GREEN wire on the other switch......

here is the wiring diagram. but on it there is no white wire.

Resistor cart Wiring Schematic.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think that diagram is for older carts. The diagram I have shows the wire and connections tho it doesn't state the color.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I think that diagram is for older carts. The diagram I have shows the wire and connections tho it doesn't state the color.
but but but an '88' IS an older cart!! LOL
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #7
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well the back up alarm is absent so if that is all it is, then we will clip off the bare part and tye it back out of the way. Thanks for the help.!
Yea, it is older compared to the $4000 + rigs for sale around here at the local car lots.
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO