lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Welded on cart, now it won't go

Thanks for the info SC.

It is an Alltrax AXE72xx with four push-on terminals for the control wires, an ITS throttle and a reversing contactor.

I guess step-1 is getting the main contactor (solenoid ) to activate and proceed from there as needed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #12
somfas
Gone Wild

What do you guys think about the volts that registered on the controller? So far, the wires I have checked show continuity. I believe I am mainly concerned with the FnR switch. Also, would pedal travel have anything to do with it? I can't remember what it was like before, but the pedal doesnt move very much when compared to my other ezgo. My other one travels all the way to the floor. This one travels about 1/3 of the way. Is it possible that the plunger was damaged and its not travelling enough? Thanks again
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #13
somfas
Gone Wild

When I turn the ignition on, I hear a click. When I select reverse, the backup buzzer sounds.... without pressing the pedal. When I press the pedal, the buzzer stops, which is opposite of what it used to do. Also, thinking about the voltage at the controller, if the solenoid is closing when I turn on the ignition and opening when I press the pedal, that could explain the voltage being backwards from what it should be. Any ideas on what could cause the solenoid to close when the ignition is turned on? And open when I press the pedal? Just a thought that something is opposite as it should be. I have checked the wiring and it seems fine. I did label them and was very careful when they were spliced together. I appreciate any help any of you guys are willing to offer up. Thx
Old 09-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #14
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like you may have gotten some welding debris in the ITS module. You might take it off and clean the cavity. just a thought.
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
When I turn the ignition on, I hear a click. When I select reverse, the backup buzzer sounds.... without pressing the pedal. When I press the pedal, the buzzer stops, which is opposite of what it used to do. Also, thinking about the voltage at the controller, if the solenoid is closing when I turn on the ignition and opening when I press the pedal, that could explain the voltage being backwards from what it should be. Any ideas on what could cause the solenoid to close when the ignition is turned on? And open when I press the pedal? Just a thought that something is opposite as it should be. I have checked the wiring and it seems fine. I did label them and was very careful when they were spliced together. I appreciate any help any of you guys are willing to offer up. Thx
Has anyone been working inside the pedal box since the cart was running?
Sounds like the pedal microswitch is miswired, broken or dismounted.

The throttle pedal only going 1/3 the way down sounds like something is loose in the pedal box and jamming it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
somfas
Gone Wild

The problem is fixed now. Thanks for the help everyone. The problem was the throttle assembly/plunger. When I reconnected the plunger rod, I didn't add pressure to keep the microswitch closed. So when I turned on the key, the microswitch was already open, then when I slightly pressed the pedal, it would go to its normal position and close. Then further pressing of the pedal would open it back up but it wasn't ringing the hole and not allowing me to press the pedal all the way down. On stands, the problem appears to be fixed now though. Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks for your help JohnnieB, it truly is appreciated. I didn't see your last message until now. Didn't mean to leave out the limo part initially, I just didn't think that was the issue and not worth mentioning. I was convinced is was a welding issue. Glad its not!
Old 09-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #18
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well maybe you can post some updated pictures of the cart now that it's a limo.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #19
somfas
Gone Wild

Will do, I still have to sort out the plunger deal and button it back up. Will post a pic as soon as it is on the road.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #20
somfas
Gone Wild

Here is the picture..... if it posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LimoCart.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO