lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
SKbuggie
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 G29 throttle sensor bad?

My 2007 G29 had smoke coming out of the controller. As my batteries needed replacement I purchased four new T-1275's and a new Alltrax 300A controller. After install, my cart would only go very slow. After talking to Alltrax support, we were able to fix by disabling the "speed limit" setting. The cart now works and I am impressed with the speed increase, but Alltrax mentioned that I would not get proper regen without the sensor being fixed.

Any idea where the throttle sensor is located and how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!
SKbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 G29 throttle sensor bad?

It is the speed sensor which is on the end of the motor. There is a 3 conductor cable going from the controller to that sensor.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #3
SKbuggie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info.

Looking from the back of the golf cart at the 26 pin connector, the bottom LHS pin was slightly askew. When I took the connector off I noticed that there was a small puncture hole on the connector beside the actual hole that the pin was supposed to be plugged into. In other words the pin was slightly off and was not making the proper connection. After straightening the pin, I re-enabled the speed limit setting and it is working now. I monitored the data and it is reading the RPM's properly.

Lesson learned, just make sure when you attach the 26 pin connector make sure it is going in absolutely straight otherwise it can cause a pin to bend slightly and cause this issue. The connector looked proper from the outside as it snapped into the locking mechanism.
SKbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I got my Alltrax there were a couple pins that I had to adjust to get my connector to go in properly. I have the same connector that you have.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Per Alltrax this is a common issue with the pins on the ydre's. I had the same problem. They advised me to disable the speed sensor to remedy the problem asap, but to check the main harness if the sensor is in fact in operating condition. Sure enough, one bent pin did it. Can't beat the customer support at Alltrax.
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

& bent pins? yamahas plugs never bent yamaha pins as far as i seen.... i have not seen this yet, but i would be pizzed. on the lookout for this, not had it happen to me on my conversions. not cool.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My Alltrax arrived with several bent pins. I noticed it before I tried to plug it in and fixed them carefully. They should put a dummy plug in there to protect the pins.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha