lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 AM   #1
njpyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2008 Drive Motor Recommendations

I have a 2008 Yahama G29/Drive. Upgraded recently to Alltrax XCT500, solenoid, 2g cables, 14" rims/low profile tires. Had the controller programmed for 400 amp due to stock motor, was getting 26ish the first day, then it started making noises/overheating. It maxes out at about 21-22 since, sometimes slower. Was looking to upgrade the motor and reprogram the controller for 500 amp. I was going to go with the Admiral MOT-D2H, but have read several posts now re: the D&D. Any suggestions? Thanks.
njpyamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Drive Motor Recommendations

I went with D&D in my Drive with the Alltrax 500 amp dialed down to 400. Mine has high speed gears so I wanted a high torque motor. Consult with D&D and they can select the best motor for your cart. (Know what size tires and what gear ratio you have before you talk to them) By the way it is very easy to cook that stock Hitachi motor.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #3
Bballtwenty2
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 Drive Motor Recommendations

Give Don at Plowmans carts a call. He sells a motor I believe specifically designed for the setup you have. Plus you get top notch customer service.
Bballtwenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade motor, xct500
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha