lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2016, 02:26 PM   #11
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax xct400 monitor reading help

Don't forget the simple stuff like tire pressure and adjusting your toe in for the front end.

If it were me I might be looking at a lithium battery conversion since your current set is likely toast. Your controller is good all the way to 60 volts. Volts make speed.

A lithium pack would reduce weight and rolling resistance, have a higher resting voltage and lower voltage sag. All of that will help speed things up.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, if you have 4x 12v batteries, I would recommend going with 6x 8v next time (a very easy conversion) . The higher capacity batteries also sag less under load.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #13
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My Drive has Lithium - 250 pounds lighter, way more performance - Not cheap but I am very happy with it. Alltrax 500 amp controller, D&D motor, 9:1 Gears. I have my cart limited at 26 MPH which is plenty fast for a vehicle with only rear brakes.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Volt i really appreciate your time. Ive read a bit on lithium and hear its cheaper in the long run. Is it true 10+ years if taken care of? What cost am i looking at, and how hard is the conversion?
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #15
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I doubt that Lithium is "Cheaper in the long run" but it's clean and light. No battery watering or acid leaks. If you already have upgraded your controller to Alltrax, the conversion is easy. I got my Leaf batteries from Hybrid Auto Center. I got my charger from them too. I built my own BMS system but they provide one that does the job. I wanted a fancy display of all of the battery parameters.
How long my pack will last is an unknown. Nobody really knows for sure. They would have to last 10 years to break even in cost with standard Lead/Acid but cost was not high on my list when I decided to do the conversion. I am an engineer and I wanted something to tinker with. I now have the lightest / fastest cart in the community.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #16
Unsoshl
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'll check it out then. Thank u. 48v lithium or do i go for more?
Unsoshl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lithium voltages are a bit higher. Nominally about 56V on my 14 cell pack. (4V nom, 4.2V max per cell) Goes down to about 3.5 before I charge.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:06 AM   #18
HBR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My Drive has Lithium - 250 pounds lighter, way more performance - Not cheap but I am very happy with it. Alltrax 500 amp controller, D&D motor, 9:1 Gears.
Where did you get the 9:1 gears? The only ones I am finding are 8:1.

Thanks
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I can't tell you where to get them. They came in my cart from the Yamaha dealer. I was not sure so I checked the ratio and they are 9:1. It was written on my transaxel. I counted the turns when I had the motor out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha