lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
toxiclows
Not Yet Wild

Default questions about my new lift, top shock mounts and front engine placment.

Hi all, I am building a 93 club Car Ds for my girls parents, I got the lift today. . it is a 6 inch lift. . ..axle flip and blocks and shock extenders in the rear and spindles and struts in the front. havent tackled the front yet. . .but the rear was really simple taking about 1/2 hour.

The only thing i was wondering about is that with the shock extensions and the new angle that the engine pan sits at the shocks are now in a bind when there put through the top mounts I made a new mount that will locate the top of the shockback just wnough to get the shocks to sit straight. and it seems to work really smoothly now with no binding.

also The front of the engine pan . . i thought actually hooked into something. However. Now that it is lifted i can clearly see that it just has a rubber cushion on it. . . and it moves up and down reasing on the top and botom guide for it. . I asume this is right. . .that it moves like this.

also the front of the lift. . does nayone have any pointers on it before i start into it tomorrow?

thanks in advance. here are some pics so you can see what i am talking about.

Just got done painting it.

Chris

93 Ds Club Car.
toxiclows is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: questions about my new lift, top shock mounts and front engine placment.

Looks good so far, the front snubber just sits in the front frame mount. some people have added a piece of 1/4" plate to move the snubber up and level the engine and cradle. There is a good picture of one on the site but I can't find it.
Once you get it finished double check and remark the fill/full mark on the dip stick as it will be wrong.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
toxiclows
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: questions about my new lift, top shock mounts and front engine placment.

Yeah i was just looking at a thread where the guy made a piece to lower the front snubber.

i may look into something. just to add more cush to it. . . but i think it should be fine.

thanks for the fast response thus far. . . . . Chris
toxiclows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Looks great so far Chris!

For the snubber extention... My buddies 94 snubber mount was welded to the engine pan,
he was able to grind it off, and had another buddy weld an extention on it,
Then, rewelded it to the tubing on the front of the engine pan! (brought the front of the pan down 3")

I suggest NOT to drill holes in the tubing and bolt it...
It would eventually create a weak spot, and break the tubing!

My cart is newer, and the snubber mount was bolted on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snubber 4.jpg (184.6 KB, 69 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Yep, that was the picture lockman.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

also you can get a shock i think from a chevette? that will work on the lifted application. it is the correct length.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

would moving the snubber up also prevent the oil light from coming on?
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

also how long is the plate
Old 07-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I was going to answer your other thread this afternoon CCGM, but I'll do this one now!

1) It should (but I never had an oil light problem)

2) 2 1/2" bolt to bolt (with a Jake's 3" lift)

That pic is actually 3 1/2"... but I shortened it because the snubber was kind of "floating"
and tended to slide the snubber off of the bracket. (I lost 2 of them, before I shortened the bracket)

Your 96 may have to be done a different way though,
you should have a tube engine pan, with a welded bracket,
whereas mine is a stamped engine pan and a bolted snubber bracket.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
CLUBCARGREENMACHINE
Getting Wild

Club Car

does anyone know the angle of a stock engine pan? so i can match it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car