lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Clifford04
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding an Accessory Battery, what kind/type?

Since the Christmas season is upon us I wanted to add another 12v battery to the mix so I don't just drain my current ones. I have a 2013 48v RXV that I wish to do this with. I am not really familiar with what to ask for if I go to the auto parts store so what should I ask for? My plan is to just use a trickle charger to charge it when I get home, but mainly to use it for the radio and lights.

I'll eventually give it it's own fuse panel, but due time. :)

Thank you!
Clifford04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Adding an Accessory Battery, what kind/type?

look for a 12volt Marine / RV deep cycle Battery , I myself would look for a sealed one, that way you dont have to do water checks if not easily accessible .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm using a Wal-Mart marine battery group size 24. I use a Battery Tender to charge it. I just let the charging plug stick out from under the seat to charge. It has enough juice to power my 3000 pound winch for any project I've needed it for, along with my lights, etc. The winch is connected directly to the battery with an inline circuit breaker. Everything else goes through the fuse panel.
1108181407.jpg
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

Determine your amp load with all accessories on and then determine how long you wish to be able to use them. From there you can determine what capacity battery you need.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO