lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88CC 16hp clone build throttle linkage problem

I didn't take a lot of pics of that build for some reason, just too busy.... I went with an electric fuel pump and was kinda sorry I did. I had to choke it down to about 1psi to keep from overwhelming the float seat valve and flooding the engine... Here are a few of the complete engine in install. Pics remind me I did extend the linkage to reach into the engine compartment .......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1543.jpg (116.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1528.jpg (105.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1530.jpg (81.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1532.jpg (117.9 KB, 75 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
1vahunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's awesome. Those pics are perfect... I would never have thought of doing it that way. I hope I can fab that up this week.

What kind of clutch is a Duster? As you know I'm SOL at the moment on a 780 and CPP has no ETA on the comet clones.
1vahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #13
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi
I did a similar engine install last year. Honda do a remote throttle kit that will fit your engine, all I did was use everything as standard. cut off the ball on the end of the throttle cable connected it to the linkage and away I went. If you can check other post I have left there are pictures and part numbers. If you can't find em let me know and I'll find the part numbers and take some more pictures.

Good Luck

Adie
adiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I didn't take a lot of pics of that build for some reason, just too busy.... I went with an electric fuel pump and was kinda sorry I did. I had to choke it down to about 1psi to keep from overwhelming the float seat valve and flooding the engine... Here are a few of the complete engine in install. Pics remind me I did extend the linkage to reach into the engine compartment .......
Scotty, I have read about this issue before and the resolution was to run a bypass fuel line back to the tank. A tee from the fuel intake apparantly delivers the petrol in sufficient quantity to the carb but allows the excess to be pumped back to the tank.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
1vahunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Adie,

Those parts wont work on mine because I've already removed the governor shaft to use for a fuel pulse.... so basically no governor arm = no way to use the stock linkage.

Anyway, my black box will hit the intake regardless. How did your engine fit in there? I found your pics on Cessna's 87 gasser thread and his engine looks higher than mine but I dont see a good pic of your carb side. More pics would be great! Thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
adiexp
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi
Just realised you have a starter motor fitted, so your engine is a lot further forward. On mine I used the the original starter/generator, so I was able to get my engine further back away from the black box thing.(Quarter of an inch gap). I also fitted an elctric fuel pump as I struggled with the pulse one to keep a supply of gas (it was OK on low revs but at high revs it stopped working). I will take some pictures of the whole install from different angles so you can see what I did. (Your in luck I have stripped the body off the other day getting ready for a respray and lights to go on.) So I should be able to get some good pictures for you. I'll post them hopefully tommorrow for you.

Adie
adiexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
f250bigblock
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

finally this is my solution alot like scotty b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car 2 001.jpg (112.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg club car 2 004.jpg (89.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg club car 2 007.jpg (135.5 KB, 48 views)
f250bigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
1vahunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Looks great big block. How's it working so far? Is that 1" angle iron? Did everything clear the intake? Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #19
nail driver
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good info that's what I plan to do with my 91cc.just no idea on how to do the fuel supply
nail driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
1vahunter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've come across some good info on here about fuel pumps. Some guys choose to use a small electric pump while others use the CC pump and run the pulse out of the tapped governor shaft or valve cover. I think some have even chosen to stick with the factory tank that came with the motor and gravity feed it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car