lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear driven clutch pulley 90 CCDS

I got it apart as it was stuck together, looks rusted. Anyhow I sprayed it with wd40 for a bit. I then started tapping it with a hammer, lightly. i know thats not a good idea, but I said owell. I started prying it with a big screwdriver and it barley moved. So since it was stuck open, i decide to push em together with a big 35mm socket. A few taps it started pushing in. I hit it harder and it finally went in and spun. So I started cleaning the rust off of the shaft. I got it apart but the shaft is pitted pretty good. After a good cleaning it does spin freely on the shaft and moves in and out finally, but is pitted but seems usable.

Now is the shaft suppose to be dry or do you put any coating of some sort on it? It works for now and has the low end torque I was looking for. Its pretty torquey & fast enough for a stock flat head motor.

If this is what it takes to put in that spring for more low end torque, it will be easy to do guys. It was easy to take apart.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would use a graphite based lubricant or perhaps a light smear of copperslip anti seize. It really can't do any harm at this stage and might get you many more hours before the pitting causes enough damage to require the unit to be replaced. Just my 2 cents.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

It is supposed to be run dry. However knowing the clutch opens and closes ,
Just make sure you DO Not lubricate it with anything which can be spun up into the belt face area when it warms up and cause the belt to slip,
any place else go for it.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

It had some kind of greese or oil cause it was all over where the belt rides up and down in the plates. It was everywhere and I dont think it was coming from the rearend. I need to recheck that incase. I cleaned it all up as there is nothing now. I put it back on to just try it out and it works now. I will take it back apart and clean it a little better. I need to remove all the rust in the pits. Maybe ill add a very light coat of something on the shaft to keep the rust away & lubricated. Maybe I will add that spring or just use it like this for now as I do not want to spend $150 for a new one if I may BB it one day.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

A spinning wire brush on a drill , works great 4 cleaning up the rust ,
slick as a baby's butt (wear goggles)
Old 03-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
It had some kind of greese or oil cause it was all over where the belt rides up and down in the plates. It was everywhere and I dont think it was coming from the rearend. I need to recheck that incase. I cleaned it all up as there is nothing now. I put it back on to just try it out and it works now. I will take it back apart and clean it a little better. I need to remove all the rust in the pits. Maybe ill add a very light coat of something on the shaft to keep the rust away & lubricated. Maybe I will add that spring or just use it like this for now as I do not want to spend $150 for a new one if I may BB it one day.
aluinium at times will corrode and cause a white powdery sometime wet stuff like toothpaste. just give it a good cleaning and it will be fine. how are your buttons? are they good, migt as well replace them know if they are in question! also use a little antisieze when you reassmble on the axle. helps to remove in the future!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

The buttons have a lil wear on em. It doesn't look bad when u look at the other side that doesn't touch, but u can see some wear. The aluminum is in good shape as all that oil/grease covered it all over. Its just the shaft that's pitted & rusted in certain parts. Ill take it off and clean it too the best I can. Atleast it works and I can enjoy her until I decide what to do next.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Hey , Black , if I may call U by your first name ?
I have a "?" what the HeII is Black Death is that the plague ?
Every Name has a story ????
Old 03-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #19
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well to make it short. Black came from all the black vehicles I had at one time. 01 diesel excursion, 99 WS6 trans am, 87 grand national and the one to where death came from was my 01 Hayabusa. Death came from when i bought a stage one turbo for it. My friends said you will be riding DEATH. So I put em together, black death.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #20
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Well to make it short. Black came from all the black vehicles I had at one time. 01 diesel excursion, 99 WS6 trans am, 87 grand national and the one to where death came from was my 01 Hayabusa. Death came from when i bought a stage one turbo for it. My friends said you will be riding DEATH. So I put em together, black death.
Ok that better than what I had imagined in my mind
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car