lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Default did I lose my ingitor? 87 cart w/fe290

HISTORY:

Driving cart was running fine. stopped and would not fire, engine turns over fine.

THIS WEEK:
Gave up as its so hot here in AZ during the summer. Got a wild hair when it was only 95 degrees outside.
I a ordered Ignitor,and was going to replaced mine, As i tested spark and it was very week.

When I got to the coil, i cant find the Ignitor. I wonder if it fell off?

The only numbers on the coil are "90802", is there any chance the Ignitor is built into the coil?
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: did I lose my ingitor? 87 cart w/fe290

an 87 dosn,t have an ignitor it has an exitor coil which is located at the flywheel youll have to take the drivers side apart and get down to the flywheel will you,ll see the exitor coil.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
mjrowley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
an 87 dosn,t have an ignitor it has an exitor coil which is located at the flywheel youll have to take the drivers side apart and get down to the flywheel will you,ll see the exitor coil.................................
It has a post 1992 motor in it. Looks like the coil and ingitor are all in the same package.

The "fly wheel" and Coil was covered in rust. took a wire brush to them to make them smooth and clean again.

Is there anything else to look for while its apart?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

on a 92 the ignitor is mounted to the rear side of the bracket that holds the rpm limitor on...its just a real small silver box so if you didn,t takle the rpm limitor and bracket off it should be back there ........the coil/ignitor combo didn,t come out till mid 96...........................................
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
mjrowley
Gone Wild

There is no rev limiter. the white wire with black line goes from coil to harness. I bought a ingitor so im wondering if i cans just buy a coil.

Hooked up my coil/ ingitor (OEM part # 1019092-01), i get one spark, that's it.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

where is your coil located on engine?........some of the older 91 and older didn,t have rev limitor but you said its a 92 engine i have never seen a 92 without a limitor.................if your coil is mounted on drivers side rear on the shrould its not a 92 its a 91 or older..........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car