lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default rebuild a fe290 very hard

looking to put a lift and wheels and tires on my cart i was looking at maybe rebuilding my engine also and putting a new head on it. i didnt know if this was very hard to do or will i have to have someone do it? how much are new rebuild kits and heads? i want it like new.....
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: rebuild a fe290 very hard

pats small engine has fe290 rebuild kit for 100.00.(piston,rings,head valve cove and crankcase gasket, crank seals..... and someone else had complete reubild for 350.. has alot more gask seals etc.... never rebuilt one but if you have mechanical abilty, manual, should be fairly easy,,,,
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have little to no mechanical experience, I would advise against it. Unless you have a real mechanic onsite to advise, you can end up with a real mess and a bunch of parts that won't run anymore. If you do decide to try it yourself, you MUST keep everything very clean (free of dirt and grit). You should use some sort of engine rebuild pre-lube on all surfaces that move against other surfaces. The first time you do this, you should lay your parts out in order as you take them apart, in such a way that it will help you remember when you put it back together. Torque the bolts as specified, don't just guess on how tight it is. This is by no means all the important things to remember, just a few very important items that a novice might overlook. Good luck and keep us posted.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
96clubber
Gone Wild

Club Car

so where do i buy a rebuild kit as in everything including piston rings gaskets
96clubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

check the site sponsors. You will find everything you need from someone.
From what I hear, they treat everyone from the web site good, just tell them you saw the sponsorship on buggies.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car