lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: wiring in 2 more 6v batts??

which wire is the micro wire at thie f/r???? and is there a wire already there that i disconnect???
frankowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

it is the larger red wire on the left micro in this pic. it will run back to pos. on the third battery back if you have 8 batteries. this will make your control voltage 36. yours may still be hooked up to the charge receptacle. that would still work if you are going to use two separate chargers-36+12. if you are going to use a 48v charger you have to wire it as scotty and i said.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00435.jpg (101.8 KB, 14 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #13
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On my cart with the 48v Logisystems controller, I could not change the positive side to 36v as the difference between that and the 48v on the motor side would not run. I had to change the negative side of the contactor (I have a 36 HD contactor) to go 12v back from the negative controller side.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
On my cart with the 48v Logisystems controller, I could not change the positive side to 36v as the difference between that and the 48v on the motor side would not run. I had to change the negative side of the contactor (I have a 36 HD contactor) to go 12v back from the negative controller side.
I remember this. By doing this you still had 48v at the controller power-up and 36 at the solenoid?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well if followed gornos methond since i was going to used two chargers, one 36v and one 12v, i installed two more 6v batteries in series, moved the white charge wire to the third battery positive terminal, all seemed aok, 36 volts to the small posts at the solenoid and 48v at the big terminals, but when i give it some gas the solenoid clicks and nothing happens, are all motors capable of running on 48v??? does my logis 700amp controller have to be wired different???? i'm really stuck at this point?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Quote:
frankowe,
moved the white charge wire to the third battery positive terminal

Moving the charger plug wire (White) shouldn't effect the cart running! If you moved the cable that runs off the positive connection that runs to the solenoid you just droped the voltage to 30 volts though not 36.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #17
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankowe View Post
well if followed gornos methond since i was going to used two chargers, one 36v and one 12v, i installed two more 6v batteries in series, moved the white charge wire to the third battery positive terminal, all seemed aok, 36 volts to the small posts at the solenoid and 48v at the big terminals, but when i give it some gas the solenoid clicks and nothing happens, are all motors capable of running on 48v??? does my logis 700amp controller have to be wired different???? i'm really stuck at this point?
This is what I was talking about, it will not run if you play with the positive side. Try a wire from the negative side of the solenoid to the 36v negative point as measured from the positive side. This is the same places that the 36v charge negative is. Then the extra 2 6v batteries are after this and onto the controller. That way the controller sees 48v but the solenoid sees 36v. You can still use the interlock wire from the charger port to the F&R. You charge the last 2 batteries with the 12v charger.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

now that i have 8 batteries, moving the white/charger/ignition wire to the third battery keep ignition system at 36v, right?? solenoid clicks when pedal is depressed and does have 36 volt at small terminal at solenoid, also alowing 48 volts to pass through big terminals of solenoid, but no go????
Old 04-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #19
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

you mean put white charger wire back to its original position at battery 1, move black negative side of charger wire to battery 6, run new wire from small negative side of solenoid to same negative side of battery six??? do i leave all the other wires at small negative solenoid alone??? this way i will charge first six batt with 36v charger and last 2 batts with 12v charger correct, by the way thanks for all the input, your really helping a ton
Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Frank stick with the wizard on this he is the only one I know of who has done this with the Logisystems controller.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO