lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
mrf1002u
Not Yet Wild

Question Serial # Dilema?

I am a newbie. I am posting this in the electric and gas forum. Read on and see why.
I bought an 07 Precedent electric (by the serial #) but it is a gas cart. I knew this before I bought it, but it was a good deal.
The serial # tag reads PQ07xx-xxxxxx. I was curious as to the year of the engine and trans so I started looking. On club car's FAQ site they say: "Note: If you cannot find a serial number plaque contact Club Car with the serial number from the transaxle, electric motor or gas engine. Utilizing that information we can assist you with identifying the serial number of your vehicle." I did just that, and they said I had to call the dealer and would be no help past that point. Apparently the previous statement is false. I called the dealer and he said there was no way to determine the year of the engine or trans by the serial #'s. All he told me, was it is a 97 or newer based on the fact that it has an FE290 engine. I would like to know how old the powertrain is in case I ever sell it, (doubtfull) and for my own satisfaction. I want to be able to disclose that info and be honest about it. Any help is appreciated.

Second question. Why is my serial # in the wrong place according to the identification diagrams. Mine is not on the right side, inside the glove box as pictured in the chart. Mine is on the right side, but low down, vertically, just above the floor mat. It is mounted on one of the black plastic pieces that is just to the right of where the vertical part of the floor mat ends. I could post a photo if I figure it out i I guess.
mrf1002u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Serial # Dilema?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf1002u View Post
I am a newbie. I am posting this in the electric and gas forum. Read on and see why.
I bought an 07 Precedent electric (by the serial #) but it is a gas cart. I knew this before I bought it, but it was a good deal.
The serial # tag reads PQ07xx-xxxxxx. I was curious as to the year of the engine and trans so I started looking. On club car's FAQ site they say: "Note: If you cannot find a serial number plaque contact Club Car with the serial number from the transaxle, electric motor or gas engine. Utilizing that information we can assist you with identifying the serial number of your vehicle." I did just that, and they said I had to call the dealer and would be no help past that point. Apparently the previous statement is false. I called the dealer and he said there was no way to determine the year of the engine or trans by the serial #'s. All he told me, was it is a 97 or newer based on the fact that it has an FE290 engine. I would like to know how old the powertrain is in case I ever sell it, (doubtfull) and for my own satisfaction. I want to be able to disclose that info and be honest about it. Any help is appreciated.

Second question. Why is my serial # in the wrong place according to the identification diagrams. Mine is not on the right side, inside the glove box as pictured in the chart. Mine is on the right side, but low down, vertically, just above the floor mat. It is mounted on one of the black plastic pieces that is just to the right of where the vertical part of the floor mat ends. I could post a photo if I figure it out i I guess.

CC serial numbers are usually visible on the Aluminium runner just above the floor mat on the under side of the dash board area. There is a supplemental tag mounted behind the steering column centre dash board section and also another on the engine block.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

mr f if you have a kaw engine as it should there is a date of manufature on a epa label. there are 2 labels on the fan shroud. on is the model number with a serial number the other one is the epa label witha bunch of mumbo jumbo. if you read it it will have the dom on it or date of manufactre. this wil only help you tell you you have a kawasaki engine what model...fe350as-10, something like this, this is the model number. nad there should be a serial number, not realy needed.
as far as the number go i wouldnt worry about it. i have a carryall and the serial number says its a gas ds. my dealer cant explan it either. i go to him and get what i need, or go through a site sponsor. site sponsors are more then happy to help you out !
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
mrf1002u
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Serial # Dilema?

Thanks for the replies!

Looks like I may have answered my own questions.

I got back on the phone with Club Car, and apparently got to the right department this time. I got a very helpful lady who worked with me for a while and together we came up with some answers.

1) The serial number does seem to have been relocated by someone at some time. Probably when the body was changed. The body is most likely from an 07 electric Precedent.

2) The rear axle is a 2009 model.

3) The engine left the factory in an 04 DS. Since the frame from a DS is different from a Precedent, the engine must have been swapped into an earlier Precedent frame, like an 04 ,05 or 06. I am guessing this, because instead of the engine being an FE350, it is an FE290, which was not available in an 09 Precedent. The parts list does show that the FE290 was available in the Precedent in 2004 and in the 2005-2006 list also. I guess there could be a kit available to put an 04 FE290 into a later frame that had an FE350, but I would think this is doubtful...who in their right mind would buy that? I would guess it would take a few changes, since I read that you can't just bolt an FE350 in place of an FE290.

So it appears that I have Frankenstein's monster, but thats OK; It was still a good deal for the money, and I like the cart a lot.

Thanks to all that offered advice!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
mrf1002u
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pics.

If you open the first pic, (side view) you can see the relocated, white, serial # sticker on the passenger side kick panel.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
mrf1002u
Not Yet Wild

OOOps! forgot to attach. Here are some pics.

If you open the first pic, (side view) you can see the relocated, white, serial # sticker on the passenger side kick panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3074.jpg (382.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3075.jpg (372.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3076.jpg (379.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

sooo we have a precedent with a 04 fe290 enginge and a o9 axle. and the frame and body are a 07! thats sound kinda frankie to me! you need to get it a green paint job with some big arse bolt out the front cowling! and paint the top a nice gray! and get you a mexican to make you a frankencart sticker or plaque to hang from the cart!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
sooo we have a precedent with a 04 fe290 enginge and a o9 axle. and the frame and body are a 07! thats sound kinda frankie to me! you need to get it a green paint job with some big arse bolt out the front cowling! and paint the top a nice gray! and get you a mexican to make you a frankencart sticker or plaque to hang from the cart!
PMSL but seriously; is it possible that is a "bitsa" cart salvaged from Hurricane Katrina or something ? It sure doesn't sound likje something CC would let out of the factory doors.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 AM   #9
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

well he does have florida tags on his trilor! but i would expect something like that from kentucky, west virginia or even the show me state..missouri! ha ha ha! oh and come to think of it you are right the years do line up for a hurricane mixer!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car