lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: good place for parts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I knew this thread was going to be a can of worms. Invalid had one bad experience and now wishes to publicly classify all bgw sponsors as overpriced crooks. Wow That really stinks for the 99% who are offering honest or FREE shipping doesn't it. Maybe invalid should take his business (buying & his selling) someplace else?

Sanctimonious statements like that are ridiculous.
I didn't slam any of the sponsors, I merely pointed out a bad experience and indeed, I have bought parts from CPP and others with no issues whatsoever so please don't try to accuse me of that. I understand perfectly well the concept of supporting the sponsors here and have recommended them on many occasions. I was merely pointing out the fact that parts are available directly from other sources at considerable savings. Not every ones budget is bottomless, some of us have to watch our pennies a little more closely than others to make sure food is on the table and if that means shopping around then so be it. I happen to fall into the latter category and if I can save a $1 I will. I'm not the only one either and on several occasions I have shipped out parts to members in need for the actual cost of shipping only and other members have been kind enough to reciprocate, thank you Tom, Jason et-al I figure if someone else can use them then why not ? It's another cart on the trail and hopefully I found a new friend. Would you yourself in all good conscience recommend someone who charges $15 s+h for a $3 part in a jiffy bag with a 75 cent stamp on it ?
I apologise if I upset anyone, that was not my intention. I will continue to both use and recommend anyone of the sponsors with whom I have had positive dealings.

Chris.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Everyone should make educated decisions with all the facts.
If you ordered something and didn't know the shipping costs up front then shame on ya. (And not speaking to anyone individually)
Sometimes it's also worth it to people to pay an extra buck or two verses spending hours net pricing parts.
Or trying to get tech service from a Parts Warehouse.
The decisions are as individual as all of our members.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #13
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Everyone should make educated decisions with all the facts.
If you ordered something and didn't know the shipping costs up front then shame on ya. (And not speaking to anyone individually)
Sometimes it's also worth it to people to pay an extra buck or two verses spending hours net pricing parts.
Or trying to get tech service from a Parts Warehouse.
The decisions are as individual as all of our members.
In my case Crash, I was told up front that shipping would be $25 but the kind lady on the phone reduced it to $15. I needed the part desperately to get a customer rolling for an upcoming charity event and hence used a "recommended" site to procure the part. I was not prepared to trust an ebay or similar seller to get the the part in transit in a timely fashion. I was fully cognisant of this fact when I placed the order but it still left a sour taste since this was standard shipping and not expedited. It's kinda tough charging a customer $18 for a $3 part and having to justify it. In my experience it doesn't breed many recommendations.

Chris.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #14
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Invalid-You have just made everyones case!!

!. You knew the shipping cost up front, after getting a break on it from "the kind lady".
2. You needed the part "desperately".
3. I doubt this was "standard shipping and not expedited". I will bet someone moved you to the head of the line to do you a favor and took you off the hook with your customer
4. This supplier did the job you didn't trust ebay or an unknown to do.

I suggest you reconsider giving them another chance as well as a good word.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Hopefully this will end this... ummm... discussion:

When I see that the shipping is more then the actual cost of the shipping, I consider it "shipping and handling"...
and in most cases, I don't complain about it, only because I know what it takes to ship something!

Here's an example:

If a customer calls me and asks me to send them 1 key... just 1 key... I have no problem with that,
Now... this key costs me $1.00, it'll cost the customer $2.00,
and my cost for the actual shipping of the key is .75 cents.
Then... my customer will have to pay for my time to "procure" the key,
print the invoice, packing slip, and envelope, pay the Government, (Feds and USPS) then send it off in the mail!
Well... that $1.00 profit just went Bye Bye!

So, I charge $50.00 an hour for my time, and shipping that 1 key might take me a half an hour...
so, my customer will pay $2.00 for the key, and $25.75 for shipping! (and handling)
My time is worth something, and I can't stay in business with little, to no profit!
and I'm sure that ANYBODY in business will agree with me!

my .02
Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #16
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Hopefully this will end this... ummm... discussion:

When I see that the shipping is more then the actual cost of the shipping, I consider it "shipping and handling"...
and in most cases, I don't complain about it, only because I know what it takes to ship something!

Here's an example:

If a customer calls me and asks me to send them 1 key... just 1 key... I have no problem with that,
Now... this key costs me $1.00, it'll cost the customer $2.00,
and my cost for the actual shipping of the key is .75 cents.
Then... my customer will have to pay for my time to "procure" the key,
print the invoice, packing slip, and envelope, pay the Government, (Feds and USPS) then send it off in the mail!
Well... that $1.00 profit just went Bye Bye!

So, I charge $50.00 an hour for my time, and shipping that 1 key might take me a half an hour...
so, my customer will pay $2.00 for the key, and $25.75 for shipping! (and handling)
My time is worth something, and I can't stay in business with little, to no profit!
and I'm sure that ANYBODY in business will agree with me!

my .02

Bottom line, I've paid more than the cost of the part for shipping, I knew what I was doing! I wasnt happy about it, but I knew what I was doing.

I GOT OVER IT! And I had the part I so desperately needed.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well invalid, this why they call it a discussion board. We all take a hit now and again, It happens to me on occasion, Sure it fries my bacon when I don't get the quality or service I thought I would. But unlike some, I take full responsibility for my punishment. I get smarter next time. Shop with your eyes wide open. And good luck.
As far as why I posted what I posted? I know you think you mean well by blasting a site sponsor. But, without naming names, you put doubt in every reader's mind as which sponsor is accused of screwing the public. And that right there is what I object to. Period.
Have a nice day
Old 10-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Sanctimonious - Holier-than-thou?

Indeed! Now there's a three dollar word right there. LOL!

You can trust any BGW sponsor to treat you right.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Sanctimonious - Holier-than-thou?

Indeed! Now there's a three dollar word right there. LOL!

You can trust any BGW sponsor to treat you right.
It seems to me that I hit a raw nerve and despite my apology certain folks just seem to feel the need to stick the boot in. That's fine, If I deserve it than so be it but I won't take garbage from anyone, and you, Mr Gornoman just crossed the proverbial line. You are an arrogant, pompous idiot Sir. You choose to belittle my use of the English language to improve and impress those around you ? Three dollar word indeed ! Your abject ignorance continues to astound me.
While I'm at it and for what it's worth, When I ordered the part I never told the "kind lady" That this was for a charity event, I wasn't shuffled to the top of any given particular line nor given any special consideration, there was no consideration given nor asked for, I merely questioned the (imo) exhorbitant S+H charges and was offered a reduction instantly.
You can take this any way you will but that's the 100 % truth of the matter.
Last word on the subject, this has taken up to much space on the site but I'll discuss it further via PM if you want.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #20
sefrayser
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sorry I didnt mean to get everyone riled up. I was just trying to figure out what my options were for parts.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car