lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #11
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: brush guard plate?

3.5in by 9.25in.
this is the size of my front plate that holds the bumber and the brushgaurd. it is welded to 2 1 ft extentiosions that go to the z bars on the frame or drop rails made out ouf steel that attach to the frame on the cart. i have tried to include 2 pics to help you visualize. oh you will also notice its just not a flat peice of stock, but it has ribs for strength! since it is the front crossmember. i was told when mine hit a tree and ripped off the 2 frame sections, it was not available from c.c. unless theres picture to prove it destroyed and i was told it was going to be very expensive. so i had her fixed up for 40 dollars!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frame 1.jpg (57.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg frame 2.jpg (48.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg frame 3.jpg (71.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5631.jpg (199.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5632.jpg (90.5 KB, 20 views)
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific marlin View Post
Thanks CK,
Would appreciate it.
Ian

Ps is that you in the middle of your avatar pic?

Your lookin good.....just kidding
yes sir thaat is! thats my lil bob tail on the right, and my wife on the left!
have a good night ian!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #13
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Good mornin,
CK, thanks, just what I needed.
Ref the the last picture you posted,could you give me a measurement from the bolt holding the steering on, to the plate.
Cheers.

Ever thought of a career in modelling?

Ian
pacific marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Good mornin,
CK, thanks, just what I needed.
Ref the the last picture you posted,could you give me a measurement from the bolt holding the steering on, to the plate.
Cheers.

Ever thought of a career in modelling?

Ian
ian so sorry i took so long for a silly measurement!
from the center of the bolt to the outside off the plate i measure 7 inches.
please rember all my measuremnents are in inches not in the metric system. of milimeters. youknow use americans have to do everything our own way!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:07 AM   #15
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CK,
Thats just what I needed.
Us Brits went metric in 1972 but as I went to school before that, was taught the "old fashion way" so can and do use both,......

Thanks mate.

Off to start the strip down today,so if I can figure it out,will post some pics tonight,if not can allways get The Admiral to do it.

Ian.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Ian what is the metric conversion of a inch? 2.54 centimeters? 1 inch equals 2.54 centimeters? Man i would need a calculator! Oh and a spell checker too!
Ithink in some of the cc manuals on here there are bulid spec sheets from cc in them with all the measurements. So if you can find them and download them it might help too. But if yoiu need anything give me a hollar. Having a carryall with a dump bed, its a little easieer then a regular cart do do somethings.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #17
pacific marlin
Not Yet Wild

CK,thats correct 1"=2.54cm,
after that it gets easy.....ha,
Trouble is , not being a mechanic I only have basic tools and stripping the cart today I'm thinking that as it's American it must have imperial fixings but what with rust and corrosion etc I'm swapping between 13mm and 9/16 or whatever the nearest equivalent is just to undo 1 friggin nut/bolt,
took forever to find something to fit and all the fixings seemed to be a slightly different size,could've been me tho!

I'm sure I found a spanner marked 57/69th or some such nonsense in the bottom of the toolbox....must be American.

Cheers
Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #18
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
CK,thats correct 1"=2.54cm,
after that it gets easy.....ha,
Trouble is , not being a mechanic I only have basic tools and stripping the cart today I'm thinking that as it's American it must have imperial fixings but what with rust and corrosion etc I'm swapping between 13mm and 9/16 or whatever the nearest equivalent is just to undo 1 friggin nut/bolt,
took forever to find something to fit and all the fixings seemed to be a slightly different size,could've been me tho!

I'm sure I found a spanner marked 57/69th or some such nonsense in the bottom of the toolbox....must be American.

Cheers
most of the bolts should be 9/16ths. 14mm is just a hair bigger then the 9/16th. 13mm is just a hair bigger then the 1/2 bolts most of the other fastners are. as i rember teaing down the front end i did it with basic tools, a wrenc and a socket. but used a hammer and a cresent wrench for the tie rod ends. if you take these off, take the nut off, flip it upside down ad beat the spindle side to vibrate them out! they will pop out this way! then you can pull it off by hand. i also might suggest if it came out of a golf corse, see if the king pins or the spindles are taking grease, if not, pull the front wheels and pull the spindles. i had to heat mine up cause they werent taking grease with a torch, then alow to cool and then try to add grease. basicly had to burn the old grease out of the bushings and spindles. but they get lubed 2 times a year instead of the 2 times evey 10 years!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #19
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

this is not a very common size! most of the common sizes are in 16th of a inch incriments. this sounds like a avaition size they would use with there line fittings! i hav never even heard of a 69th for a measurement! half a 16th would be a 32nd and half of that would be a 64th. i think this is some kind weird chinnese peice of sheet!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car