lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 E-Z-GO RXV - Increase Max RPM and/or Torque

HiTechRedNeck's post from 2016.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #12
John L.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
If what was documented???
The microcontroller interfacing with the ACD controller via CAN
John L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #13
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If your asking does the Danaher handheld communicates with the Danaher controller the answer is yes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00201.JPG (140.1 KB, 0 views)
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
John L.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Post Re: 2008 E-Z-GO RXV - Increase Max RPM and/or Torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by parklev View Post
I recently bought my first cart, an '08 RXV. Realised the ACD motor controller had a CAN Interface. As a trial, over the weekend I used a microcontroller to grab the Voltage & RPM from the controller and display them on a LCD.
So from what it sounded, parklev interfaced with his golf cart--but without a handheld device purchased from an OEM; rather, he queried the ACD controller with custom software on a different microcontroller and displayed values onto a programmable screen.

My hope was that the CAN ID and CAN data to query and decode the data are available. I would love to see a tutorial on this--as mentioned earlier in the thread:
Quote:
Thanks Revolution, I plan on sharing soon through an instructable or blog.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Oh, sorry. His post #2 was four years ago, and he ain't been back since.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I recently bought my first cart, an '08 RXV. Realised the ACD motor controller had a CAN Interface. As a trial, over the weekend I used a microcontroller to grab the Voltage & RPM from the controller and display them on a LCD. Also used these values to approximate batt % and speed.

Its all working good and now I have some confidence with how the CAN protocol works. Im thinking of upping the max RPM and/or Torque values to get a little extra speed (top speed of 19 vs current 15 MPH).

Could anyone tell me how high you can go without causing undue strain to the electrics or mechanics of the system. Also if anyone has any dire warnings or tales of woe related to doing this Im all ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John L. View Post
So from what it sounded, parklev interfaced with his golf cart--but without a handheld device purchased from an OEM; rather, he queried the ACD controller with custom software on a different microcontroller and displayed values onto a programmable screen.

My hope was that the CAN ID and CAN data to query and decode the data are available. I would love to see a tutorial on this--as mentioned earlier in the thread:

And I've never heard of this being done except thru a handheld.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #17
John L.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, I noticed they've been inactive.. I'm pretty desperate, and was sorta hoping my response would trigger an email notification if they had it set up or something.

I'd love to know how parklev even got any data on their microcontroller!!! The handheld is--in theory--just a microcontroller, and its functionality can be replicated. If the handheld can get RPM, motor current, speed, SOC, etc--so can a controller with the right code and I/O!!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sure could, and I would love to know too. But honestly, I haven't tried at all, because that systems wire harness is so prone to corrosion damage, and ezgos lack of parts support, I have mostly given up on it. Sorry to say..... The newer Curtis system is so much better, and so much more flexible, I have never looked back.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:02 PM   #19
ericshufro
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
Hi RXV tech here..

Grassflats is correct.
Dealer or shop with handheld can set speed up to 19.5mph(assuming stock tires)

With tires that fit under un-lifted cart, that yields 22-23mph.

On RXV's , the motor controller is limited to @250amps (i do not know exact figures)
This limits torque. The other limit to torque is the controller programming.

As RXV's were designed as GOLF carts, the torque was limited to prevent wheel spin on grass.(otherwise greens keepers would have said ugly things about Mr. Ez-Go and his mother)

Acceleration has 3 settings high medium and low.

Just a warning on RXV's...
The brake on the end of the motor is a PARKING/EMERGENCY brake.
It is not used to slow or stop the cart in normal driving.

All normal brake operation is performed by the MOTOR.

Changing tire size or gear ratios to achieve speeds over 25 mph greatly decreases the motors braking ability and stresses motor and controller.

Overspeed braking also brings the "burn off" resister into play much more often.

For safety we (our shop) does not recommend lifting RXV's.

The front suspension is coil over shocks and can allow excessive body roll at high speed when cart is lifted.

Roll over is a very real danger at speed.

Recommendations ......

1) dont lift cart
2) get larger, low profile tires (that fit on un lifted cart)
3) set controller to 19.5mph(actual speed 22-24mph)
4) set acceleration to high.
My dealer has my cart set to Profile 2 which caps out at 14.5 mph according to the settings, however, in practice, it runs 25mph on 19" wheels. No idea why. If i switch to the freedom profile, it runs 22mph. I went back to profile 2 and then tweaked the speed to rpm ratio 5%. Top speed is 27. I would be afraid to push it any further for lots of reasons. Any idea what the motor max RPM is? I would like to verify it tomorrow to see if i have to reduce the setting. Thanks.
ericshufro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2008, ezgo, rpm, rxv, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO