lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon wont go - controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Go here for a complete selection of speed controller packages. Controller and solenoid must be a matched pair for proper operation ... Use pkg #404 for the best bang for your buck and usable with aftermarket motors, rear seats, big tires, ets.

Go Here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
I thought direct links had been banned (a mistake in my opinion).
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #22
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys! You know I wondered about that yurtle.... Removed and cleaned the FNR switch last night and it is functioning properly and looked good.

I think it's safe to say the controller has failed.
Scottyb thanks for the link - Would the 404b package be a good fit if I'm planning to upgrade to 48v Down the road? Would that allow me to run 36v now and avoid having to upgrade the solenoid when I make the jump to 48v?
scalpem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #23
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Also would both the controller and the solenoid in that package drop right into my 1992 ezgo marathon or would it require to mods to make them fit?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes - the control and solenoid in pkg 404B are 36 and 48v compatible. and yes, the controller is a direct replacement part (available in 500 or 700 amps). The solenoid bolts up with a slight hole space adjustment we can do for you before shipping
Go here for info on the 700a #444 > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #25
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Thanks - I think 500a will be more than enough �� I assume these are new parts, correct?
How's the quality of the FSIP controllers as compared to alltrax, Curtis, etc? What kind of warranty comes with?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, we sell only new parts.
FSIP is the only authorized manufacture of GE speed controllers. This model is made in the USA and carries a 1 year manufacture warranty. For faster response email me at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
Old 04-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #27
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes, we sell only new parts.
FSIP is the only authorized manufacture of GE speed controllers. This model is made in the USA and carries a 1 year manufacture warranty. For faster response email me at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
Email sent - thanks again!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #28
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Ok here's an update and request for further assistance...
After controller failed the output test, pulled the trigger on package 404B from scottyb - 500a FSIP controller and SD solenoid. So I got the controller and solenoid in the cart last night and it came to life... Somewhat....

I have two issues going on now:

1) i have no reverse. I get nothing when I hit the pedal, just a click from the solenoid. I'll add thAt I simply bolted together the two ends of A2 that were attached to the old controller - would that have anything to do with this issue?

2) forward works (the torque is unbelievable!!!) but once I get the pedal depressed more than halfway or 2/3 to the floor it shuts off and I lose all power. I can let off the pedal and hit it again and I will regain power but once I push it past a point it will shut off again. I will add that the cart did this same thing several weeks back and it eventually went away.... Until it just stopped going altogether one day as I backed it out of the garage, which is what lead me to where we are now. I didn't run it much last night but it seemed as if I pressed the accelerator slowly it may let me get it to the floor without shutting off (it did this when it happened before). I'll add that when I tested the pot box before, it ranged from zero ohms to 6500-6600 ohms when pedal fully depressed, gradual climb.

Any thoughts on solutions to these issues?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like 2 issues. Bad F&R switch contact and over range potentiometer.
Dial the pot back to 5500 max. that should fix your cut off problem.
swap the F&R cables at 9 and 3 oclock, if that makes you have reverse and no forward the switch contact or one of those cables is bad.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #30
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Thanks scottyb. How do I dial the pot back?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO