lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #1
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Squeaky windshield

Any simple fixes for squeaky windshield? It makes a lot of noise when I drive. Seems to be coming from both the hing that connects the top/bottom half and from the bracket that clips onto roof strut.

I was thinking about putting a small amount of vaseline on there....but don't want it to become a giant mess.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Squeaky windshield

i tried a bunch of different thing over the years , dish soap,wd 40 and even tried little stick on felt circles . but the best thing i found was graphite the little tubes that you use for locks. i marked the windshield to where the brackets were then removed it. sprayed some into the brackets and then on the windshield. holds up for awhile (3-4 mths) , longer if you keep your cart inside at night .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Re-mount your windshield with bolts & rubber washers on both sides of the windshield, then throw those "clip-on" things in the dumpster where they belong.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bolts through the plexi?
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Yep, done thousands that way.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Re-mount your windshield with bolts & rubber washers on both sides of the windshield, then throw those "clip-on" things in the dumpster where they belong.
Are these generic bolts and washers I can get at any hardware store? Or something more specific. Got a photo of your install?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

This is my rear window, my windshield has "thumbscrews", uncommon for us, not a good example of what im talking about. I use phillips screws with a "finishing washer" on it (a 1/4"-20 bolt & a washer is just as good) we dont get ours from the hardware store (too much $$ for our volume needs). But the stuff we use can be found at a decent hardware store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151020_215904_761.jpg (110.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151020_220001_891.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Yes, my 'ol junker has some funky looking hardware (rust). I dont care, i got it cheap, keep it "fixed" (its yamaha, dont need much), and run it everywhere in the mud & desert & the street, it has a cover, but dont live in a garage (yamaha G2a & G9a are the bomb!). I didnt cover it & now the seat is wet .
Old 10-21-2015, 12:21 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

Love my camo seats tho (wet). Lol! Notice that cover in the bed under the net! WTG me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151020_221838_389.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
i tried a bunch of different thing over the years , dish soap,wd 40 and even tried little stick on felt circles . but the best thing i found was graphite the little tubes that you use for locks. i marked the windshield to where the brackets were then removed it. sprayed some into the brackets and then on the windshield. holds up for awhile (3-4 mths) , longer if you keep your cart inside at night .
I tried graphite dry lube spray first and it works great! Zero squeaks. It is garage kept, so we will see how long it lasts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO