lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
flroyaltyjr
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default A very huge thank you

Over the last 2 1/2 years the people of this forum have been a huge help to us. I am a navy vet and my 2 buddies were marine vets so of course I was the leader of this motley crew...:) We tarted out to help 2 guys that came back from Iraq in pretty bad shape. So we would search the counties around and buy up old run down and mostly not running golf carts. We would clean them up and repair them and give them to our boys that came back in bad shape. It is our belief that help them get out of the house and in the community is the best thing for them. I have seen these guys face light up and actually start their lives coming together. We live in a rather large rural area and this helps these guys get out and about.
We have had no greater joy doing this. I love all vets and will continue to do whatever I can for them. I wanted to say thank you to all the people in this forum. Without your alls knowledge and suggestion none of this would have been possible. I have read and printed more post, instructions and diagrams that I have quite a collection.
As of Friday regrettably we will close up shop. Unfortunately I can no longer bare the cost on my own. Looking into some kinda grant or something from county commissioners but not sure where that will go. Will move the last 2 carts we have to the barn and weight and see. The old g1 needs a jug, piston rebuild kit and reeds and the old columbia needs even more. I started this with 6 grand from saving and with your alls help we can now say we repaired and rebuilt and delivered 16 carts to our boys. Of which none of it would have been possible without your alls knowledge which you all give everytime anyone needs it. Hopefully I will get the g1 running some day as we kinda already hinted that it would go to the first female vet when she gets released. She is at Langley and dealing with her arm situation. But when she gets out one way or another we will get her taken care of.
I know this post is long and for that I apologize. I just wanted to thank you all and let you know that your knowledge is the best. Oh if anyone has a top end rebuild kit sitting around would love to take it off your hands.....lol thank you again and for all those who have serve and presently serving thank you and may the lord watch over you and keep you safe.
flroyaltyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: A very huge thank you

Man that's one awesome cause flroy. I don't have any parts but I would love to help out any way I can. I'm a journeyman tool and die maker that specializes in prototyping. Not sure if my skill set can be useful to you but give me a holler if you need any machine work done or tools made in the future. I love our vets and would be proud to help out any way I can (no charge of course because the vets have paid in advance with their sacrifices). GOD BLESS THE USA!
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

What an awsome thing to do for men and women that put there lives on the line for us In the past, BGW members have given to many great people that are helping VETS lead a normal life. I would suggest opening a Paypal account. I will be adding a link in the "announcement" section. Many will contribute what they can, if they can, but every dollar adds up. Please dump the Par Car, just to many problems keeping them running. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:37 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I will help, just show me how.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:56 PM   #5
rib33024

I will do Anything I can do, to help the one that put there lives on the line for us..
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Thank you. If it's in my wheelhouse I'll help.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

How can I help? Are you interested in good used parts?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #8
flroyaltyjr
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Thank you all greatly but I never posted this for money or anything I was just wanting to tell everyone thank you.We could always use your knowledge and support and always let me know if you find any good deals on parts as I always try to save a buck or 2 when I can.Presently looking for a good price on a jug and piston kit fo the 83 g1 best I have found is 235 trying to find one cheaper. Or if anyone has extra parts laying around...lol can always use them today I managed to make a hay rake spring work in the clutch....it spins up great....don;t know what it will do if you drive it in a hay feild:)

Last edited by flroyaltyjr; 06-20-2016 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: corrections
Old 06-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #9
Molon Labe
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can the jug on the 83 be salvaged? I can bore it out for you to save you some cash. You can get an oversize piston rebuild kit for around 65 bucks on ebay that includes the piston, rings, gaskets etc.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
flroyaltyjr
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

It had several really deep gouges. I took it to a machine shop my buddy works at and they gonna try and salvage it I will know in a day or 2....and will let you know what they say
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha